Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somthing as simple as changing an air freshener changes into a project for me :why-me: the thing on the windshield that the mirror itself mounts to is still there just the mirror piece itself fell off it won't pop on so I figured I'd glue it, tried gorilla glue... Nothing.... Some apparent high strength epoxy... Nothing. Anyone have any input on this please an thank you

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
So just the glass fell out?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sounds like its time for a new one. Lol

Sent from the can!

·
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!
2,068 Posts
Hmm this reminds me. I need to clean the glue off the windshield and try to reattach the whole thing. Mine has some dried runs where someone failed at reattaching.

Any hints on how to clean that dried crudd, off don't want to razor blade it for fear of scratching.

·
Registered
227 Posts
WD-40

Sent from the can!

·
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!
2,068 Posts
Wtf did you get road rage and hulk on the thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i wish i did, id feel like less of an idiot lol. just simply pulling my old little black tree off of it an it just poped off

·
Administrator
30,926 Posts
that's a ball and socket to let it pivot ,, it should pop back in unless it's toasted ? ,, glue just isn't the way to fix that
someone will always be popping it off trying to adjust the angle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats what i thought cause it just effortlessly rolled off of it. i tried just pushing it back on but it just refuses to pop back on an i was scared i was gonna break the part on the glass off from pushing to hard

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Should be a set screw to slide the rest off from the part that is glued to the windshield.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts