Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A guy came into work the other day with what I could tell was a Super Duty rear axle in the bed of his truck. I noticed that it had a sway bar on it. I asked him if I could have it and he said that if they didn't use it, he'd bring it to me. A couple of hours later, he brought it to me and said they were just gonna throw it in the trash. Anyway, the truck that they were working on was an Excursion but he said that he didn't know what the axle was out of (Super Duty or Excursion). My question is, if the axle was out of an Excursion, will the sway bar still work on my truck? If so, what else do I need to make it work(beside end links)? Here's a pic of everything that he gave me

·
Registered
194 Posts
Check out Ebay or other sites for the same item for sale and see what vehicles they fit. That's how I found out that the rear differential cover on my '97 F350 was the same as an the Excursion it came off of.

·
Premium Member
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check out Ebay or other sites for the same item for sale and see what vehicles they fit. That's how I found out that the rear differential cover on my '97 F350 was the same as an the Excursion it came off of.
I might have to do that :thumb:

Is that a pic of my tire?
Possibly..... :wink[3]:

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I can take pics of my sway bar tomorrow.:thumb:

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
Correct Eric all you need are the end links. The thing I cant remember though is if the rear sway bar on an EX is the same as a superduty

·
Premium Member
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Correct Eric all you need are the end links. The thing I cant remember though is if the rear sway bar on an EX is the same as a superduty
I would assume that it would be the same but I'd hate to put any money into it and find out that it wouldn't work :doh: Also, where would be the cheapest place to get end links :dunno:

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
I thought the X and SD sway bars where different. :dunno: Not sure though. Yours doesn't already have one?

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
The one you got is smaller.

Of course you already know that:nod:

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
It looks as if it will fit. I am sure a EX doesent sway nowhere near as bad as a camper. So if you dont plan on a camper you prolly fine with that one.:thumb:

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
I would assume that it would be the same but I'd hate to put any money into it and find out that it wouldn't work :doh: Also, where would be the cheapest place to get end links :dunno:
There is probaly someone on here with them laying around!
Yeah, I'd say it is :doh:
:hehe::hehe:

·
Premium Member
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It looks as if it will fit. I am sure a EX doesent sway nowhere near as bad as a camper. So if you dont plan on a camper you prolly fine with that one.:thumb:

There will never be a camper on my truck, I just thought it wouldn't hurt to tighten things up a little :nod:

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
So the SD one is bigger?

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts