Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2006 f-350 dually as a parts truck and my main truck is a 1994 f-250. I was wanting to make my f-250 a dually but wasn't wanting to do it with spacers since there are so many issues with those. Can I swap in the f-350 axel and it work on my truck? I know I'll have to make modifications to my truck too and I'm needing new tires which the f-350 has and I'm needing a new bed so I could build a flat bed that would look good with the dually. Has anyone done it, seen it done, or are there kits?

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
The wheel bolt patterns are different so you will either need to but different wheels for te front and rear, use adapters or swap the front axle in also.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, so swapping the rear axle won't be a problem, just a matter of unbolting, bolting, welding. On the front( which my truck is 2 wheel drive) I removed the front hubs off the f350 and put them on the f250( it took very small modifications but it worked), so now the rims from the f350 fit on and work. All I have to do now is swap out the axles

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
I used spacers on my 95 f250 on the rear to dually it, the spacers were made of steel and very heavy, I never had a single issue with them even towing heavy. But they arent cheap at about $400 for the set.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, so I may not build a flat bed like I thought, but still have my single wide bed. Is there anything cheap to build or buy that would pretty much make a dually fender? I hate to buy the actual dually fenders because they are pretty pricey, which I could buy a used bed for the same price.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a question, swapping the axle means swapping the end of the driveshaft too, so is there a u joint I can buy to put the end of the super duty driveshaft on the end of the obs driveshaft? What are the sizes?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts