Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about putting a set of air bags on the back of my 2010 f 250 4x4 . any help would be nice in picking out a set . don't have to be the best ,,, but a friend has a set of airlift with compresser and dual gauge off his 04 .. anyone know if they would fit my truck ,, thanks

·
Administrator
29,349 Posts
Airlift and Firestone make a decent bag

the over the spring type is sturdier IMO

go look at their parts finders then open the pdf directions to see what your getting in to

the Airlift wireless has been on my truck for years I love it

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
I just installed Airlift Loadlifter Ultimate 5000 rear airbags and a wireless air compressor in my 6.0. They help.

I ended up installing these myself, and it took much longer than the "Three hours with simple tools" the company claimed, but they went on in my garage.

I went with the wireless one to keep the dual air gauges out of my truck. Did not really have a place these dual gauges would fit, and with the wireless one, I can get out of the truck and adjust the air.

I installed the airbags first, and thought about going without the compressor, but I'm glad I got one. Now makes hooking and unhooking the trailer a breeze. I would not have access to air to inflate and deflate the bags when I hooked up and unhooked the trailer.

I had also wanted an accessory air port built into the compressor system to inflate the tires, but this option is not offered anymore. The airbags are rather small compared to the tires and the compressors that come with they system to automatically inflate the airbags are quite small and would take forever to inflate a tire.

I also forgot to deflate the airbags once, and the ride without the trailer at 65 PSI in the Airbags was a bit bumpy in the rear.

·
Registered
866 Posts
If you call airlift they will answer any crazy questions you can come up with. The gauge/compressor systems are pretty much universal and the bags are all the same within series as far as I understand. Its the mounting hardware that's different. They will sell you individual pieces or a mounting hardware kit or possibly source from fleabay.

They are nice, I have the airlift ultimate with no complaints.
@ZMANN is kind of a suspension upgrade diva....

Reactions: ZMANN and dullybob

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think the 7500 only fit the Ram's ....5000 is the biggest I could get for my F450

·
Registered
122 Posts
.... the bags are all the same within series as far as I understand. Its the mounting hardware that's different. They will sell you individual pieces or a mounting hardware kit ....

@ZMANN is kind of a suspension upgrade diva....
I just received the Airlift 5000 ultimate plus model for the F450, install pending...( to damn hot out)

The standard 5000 has no jounce bumper inside the bag and you cant run it without air in the bag
The ultimate 5000 has a jounce bumper in the bag and you could run it with out air, although they recommend at lest 5 psi to keep the bag in shape.
The ultimate 5000 plus includes stainless steel roll plates and braided air lines

1 - 7 of 7 Posts