Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2021 F-450 Lariat
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a new F-350 4x4 Lariat DRW and, even this late in the year, my local (Vegas) dealers aren't moving off MSRP. Hell, they had a two year old with 20k and they were asking like-new money for it. I get that maybe production is down but isn't demand? Please tell me I can contact Dallas or OK City or somewhere pickups are work vehicles and find a fair deal?

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
May be a long wait. US auto sales are down 27% this year. The expected increase in 2021 is only 12%. So a smart manufacturer would not push production numbers back to pre COVID levels. Take the 2008-2009 recession as an example. They were selling 2008 models (made in 2008) as 2009 vehicles. Hell, Suzuki had so many motorcycles they were selling them into 2010.

Reactions: Heavy_GD

·
Registered
2021 F-450 Lariat
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's confounding is that if production and demand are down, then the same deals should be out there. The demand must not have dropped like production to support these prices. Well, I'll so see my local sales manager to find out if there's any slack on an ordered 2021.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
The dealers around here don't even have any super dutys. IMO your best bet is to order one through a fleet department. Work your deal that way, or through Ford themselves.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 F-450 Lariat
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fleet doesn't carry a Lariat. Called Ford today and they don't even have the capability to tell me if the vehicle I want exists at any of their dealerships nationwide.

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
You might try some hit & miss emails to dealers in various parts of the country. It would be best if you included the options list and price you’re willing to pay in order to eliminate salesmen dreaming of unrealistic commissions.

Reactions: The Evil Twin

·
Registered
2021 F-450 Lariat
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered an F-450 two weeks ago and the best I could negotiate was $1k off plus incentives (military, etc). Sales manager said they're selling for over MSRP.

·
Premium Member
12,442 Posts
You can join one of several organizations that have the partner plan with Ford. You might already have a membership or affiliation with a Partner Organization, see the last link for a possible list.

Here's a possible list of organizations:

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Trucks in this area are like homes. You just whisper that it is for sale and it's gone. The only deal is financing.

Reactions: HeavyAssault

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Random thought- anyone use USAA to buy a Super Duty? We bought our Subaru through them and it was a great deal compared to MSRP and what others paid.

·
Premium Member
12,442 Posts
I'm slowly starting to hate USAA. They have lost their roots in customer support. My son had a situation with vehicle tags which required USAA to do something. The CS was like I'll submit this and we will see what happens. He had to get a "Senior Support Manager" on the phone to get it done while he was on the phone. JEEzzzz

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
I see USAA is a partner on the X plan. There is a ** next to it but couldn't find what that meant. There is the possibility it is the same pricing when you go through the car buying service at USAA. Gonna be worth some investigation. Guess the wife will be getting a Ford. Lol.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
I'm slowly starting to hate USAA. They have lost their roots in customer support. My son had a situation with vehicle tags which required USAA to do something. The CS was like I'll submit this and we will see what happens. He had to get a "Senior Support Manager" on the phone to get it done while he was on the phone. JEEzzzz
Yeah.... I've noticed that too. And sadly their insurance prices have gone up. They were the best prices hands down. By thousands sometimes. Now, we have a different insurance because they beat USAA by $400/ year. USAA wouldn't even match.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.