Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says i'm looking at making some more power. I've put together a list so far of parts I'm planning on getting but right now i'm just getting a list together so i know what to budget.

Big Plans:
250/100s
USING MY 38R
ARP head studs
Valve springs
Carrillo Rods
Either a diesel site 4r100 or a stage 3 Sam Wyse

Debating:
Delipped pistons
Getting the cylinders honed

Misc.:
Oil Pan
Dip Stick

What do yous think? do the pistons? Other parts i should consider? Thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
You didn't mention your desired power or purpose of the build, so recommendations are kind of tough. If you're going to push those injectors you'll run out of Hpop long before you do injector. The 38r may be a problem with egt's buy without knowing your use goals it's hard to tell. Also if you're running any spring other than stock, you'll need stronger pushrods. Since you're talking after market rods, plan on a full rebalance of the engine if you want it to stay together. I'm sure there's more....

·
Registered
699 Posts
If you do valve springs, you need new push rods

If you do the carrillo rods, just do the pistons, as you will have to have a balance job done anyways.

I would do a girdle....but it depends on HP goals

Reactions: 7.3_TurboDiesel

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
A stock forged rod bottom end should be able to handle 250/100s for a while. People have ran 300/200s on the stock bottom end without issue. Stiffer valve springs are a must, along with a good fuel system like the CNC 4 line kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts