Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, first took my truck saturday to get my new swamps injectors installed, along with vc gaskets and harness and glow plugs. So, today i get the call that the shop wanted to know if theres secrets with my truck that going down the road on the test drive to monitor all the good stuff on my truck that it lost all gears. It happen to me less that 5 months ago, something with the od gear in the tranny. So the shop had it towed to there shop and i couldnt get a hold of the transmission shop so i drove up there and he said to just get it towed up there and he would gladly fix it and hopefully its not the same problem With two tow bills now Yes i know that 37's and 3.73 are hard on a transmission but d$$n this sucks. Gears was next on the list as soon as the hard start issue was fixed. Then soon as its gets out the transmission shop it goes back there to finish all there work.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well got a call today that i had broke a snap ring inside the tranny and i didn't do any futher damage. And the good news is that i got a new billet convertor installed parts and labor for 300. He has his own convertor shop and builds them there on site. It has a 1100 stall so that should help some hopefully

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,740 Posts
Well thats some good news.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So problems again. The tranny is great, new convertor works awesome. I took i back to the shop for them to finish there work. Its so cold here and i went ahead and told them to change the passenger side u-joint which had alot of slop in it(i thought). It ended up being the hub bearing is bad which is 120 then it also killed the outer stub shaft for 120. The 40 dollar u-joint ended up costing 250.:icon_ford::icon_ford::icon_ford:

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
So problems again. The tranny is great, new convertor works awesome. I took i back to the shop for them to finish there work. Its so cold here and i went ahead and told them to change the passenger side u-joint which had alot of slop in it(i thought). It ended up being the hub bearing is bad which is 120 then it also killed the outer stub shaft for 120. The 40 dollar u-joint ended up costing 250.:icon_ford::icon_ford::icon_ford:
Man me and you dont need to be caught in the same room cause we are both having a string of bad luck. Hope you get it all fixed and your luck turns around

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!! So, i finally got my truck back. Its feels so more responsive and so much smoother with the new injectors.The hills that i had to stay in the throttle, now it maintains so much better. Plus i got to drive it some through town to fill up and the torque convertor feels so much better. It actually starts pulling about 900 rpm now. I get to see how it starts tomorrow.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its starting great so far but it has been a little warmer. Sure we will be having some cold weather before soon. Also, i got to purchase a php chip seems to do better that the tripple dog so far,gotta get some more seat time.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,740 Posts
Glad its going better for ya

·
assistant director
1,053 Posts
glad its running good for you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts