Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a few questions. I plan on getting a TW chip really soon, so realistically, about how much HP and torque will i have? What kind of 1/4 mile times should i see? Ive got more questions but i want these answered first so i know exactly what i wanna ask for the others.:icon_ford:

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump::bump:

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
I would be surprised if you could hit 275-280hp the the ground with your current mods.

Your EGT's are going to be through the roof with the stock down pipe and a hot tune. The EGT's will be your controlling factory since you will have to back out of it to keep from melting important parts.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would be surprised if you could hit 275-280hp the the ground with your current mods.

Your EGT's are going to be through the roof with the stock down pipe and a hot tune. The EGT's will be your controlling factory since you will have to back out of it to keep from melting important parts.
What do you think I'm putting to the ground right now?

So a 4" exhaust is definatly worth it i take it?

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Free flowing exhaust will keep the EGT's down so you can add more fuel.

I say 200-210hp is where you are at now.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive got a straight pipe now, but i guess the factory one just wont cut it?:dunno:

I got a good quote from farmboys, are those good kits? Do they rust in salt? I know some stainless still rusts.

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
Ive got a straight pipe now, but i guess the factory one just wont cut it?:dunno:

I got a good quote from farmboys, are those good kits? Do they rust in salt? I know some stainless still rusts.
Farm boys kits are great... but if your concerned about rust your going to have to go with a 304S kit which is on the more expensive side.... you can prob easily buy 2 of FB's kit with 1 304s kit

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
stainless will last longer no matter the conditions but Raul has a very good point.

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How long would a farmboy kit last probably? Would it be about like a stock system?

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
My stock system was stainless. I have been running an aluminized system since 2000 and I live in the san francisco bay area so I run in a salty area.

·
Registered
316 Posts
What is the stock hp at the wheels?

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
190-200hp stock to the ground.

·
Registered
211 Posts
my truck w/ a ts chip, (on stock setting) TB exhaust and intake put down 189hp 414 ft lb torque....my truck cranked up to 140 setting put down 289 hp 542 ft lb to the wheels

·
Registered
6,168 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
my truck w/ a ts chip, (on stock setting) TB exhaust and intake put down 189hp 414 ft lb torque....my truck cranked up to 140 setting put down 289 hp 542 ft lb to the wheels
Your signature says you had more...j/k.

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts