Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a 02 f250 and its time for some new tires. the tires that came on the truck are the BFG's A/Ts and i really wasnt satasified with them. i pull a 14 foot mowing trailer with two commercial lawn mowers almost everday. however i also want something that i can get though a wet field when hunting. im looking for something in a 285/75/R16. what are your guys suggestions? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Living on a prayer
291 Posts
Toyo M-55 have been pretty great for me. Stiff sidewalls make hauling easier.

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
I currently run the BFG A/T and very satified. I'm curious also about why you didn't like them. Mine have a larger footprint so that would make a difference I guess.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I run the BFG A/T's as well. They have been a great tire imo. Only thing I dislike is they seem like a somewhat soft compound and have worn a little faster than I would like.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the 305-70-16 Goodyear MT-R's and love them. I have over 60,000 miles on them and still have 1/3 tread left on them.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm running Pro Comp A/T, i love them. There 285/75-16. I do know they tear the hell out of snow, and are good in mud but not deep mud.

·
Registered
74 Posts
On one truck I have BFG MT's. I've have Great success with these. I'm on my second set. First set lasted me to about 60K miles and the second set now has about 30K miles. NO flats, great traction and a pretty good ride.

On the other truck I'm trying the Toyo Open Country AT.
So far I think they are an awsome tire. Still a little new to tell, but the handleing and traction are great. Also, they are relatively quiet (and look really good too)

Previously I tried the BFG AT and I didn't like those. Looked good and traction was ok, but they wore really funny. The steering started to wander all over the road because the tires were kinda fighting each other. Swapped 'em for the MT's and voila.........The truck drove like a new truck again!

I also tried a cheaper tire. I think they were called sport king. I hated them!
Left me stranded a few times. Couple flats a day. One morning (on a holiday) walked out of the house to Two flat tires! Probly enough said.

Just my :twocents:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I'm running Pro Comp A/T, i love them. There 285/75-16. I do know they tear the hell out of snow, and are good in mud but not deep mud.
Are they loud on the highway, I have always wondered about the Pro Comps?

so i have a 02 f250 and its time for some new tires. the tires that came on the truck are the BFG's A/Ts and i really wasnt satasified with them. i pull a 14 foot mowing trailer with two commercial lawn mowers almost everday. however i also want something that i can get though a wet field when hunting. im looking for something in a 285/75/R16. what are your guys suggestions? thanks in advance.
Guy's seem to like the BFG's, If you are not in the mud much, Or it's mostly the wet fields and roads I would look at the Michi's.
They are a great tire on wet roads, Highway use, sand and much more I am sure.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
on one of my trucks i am running the new dick cepeks mountain cat m/t. so far so good. but only have about 7k on them. kinda pricey though

·
Registered
140 Posts
Goodyear wrangler silent armor is what i would recommend i have it on my jeep and my dad has them on his toyota sequoia altho they are pricey....

And if you are looking for a mud tire dick cepek or toyo mt is what i would recommend for that

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the reason i didnt like the bfg's at's was because the wear seemed to go really fast and almost be uneven wear. also they didnt clear out very well in some mud. and that was even the shallower stuff.

·
Registered
305 Posts
No they are not loud on the highway, all i can hear is my exhaust rumbling :thumb:

·
Registered
189 Posts
beforei lifted my truck when it ws still my dads he ran b/f's boy oh boy do they suck

·
Registered
371 Posts
Take a look at Mastercraft Courser C/T's. Mastercraft is a private brand of Cooper. I sell quite a few of these in NW Ohio (and run them myself). I plow snow with them. They are not noisy. And they wear well. You will find they are priced very competitively and are made here in the USA.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts