Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I pulled into my driveway and noticed quite a bit of raw diesel leaking onto the ground under my truck around the front/passenger side area near back of engine. I looked around and couldn't pin point where it was coming from. I checked the fuel regulator area and it was bone dry. The next day it started up and drove fine and didn't do this again for quite a few weeks. My mechanic looked at it and said it was the fuel pump, and replaced it, but the fuel wasn't leaking around that location (drivers side under rear door?) A buddy of mine used the truck for the weekend while I was away and said it did the same thing for him one day, but I haven't seen it since. I'm talking a GOOD amount of fuel leaking.... Maybe 10oz. or so on the driveway. I had just finished a "spirited" backroad commute from work when it happened, and my buddy said he had the Bullydog on the extreme tune when it happened to him, so I would imagine he was raping her pretty good before it happened.... Any ideas?

·
Registered
26 Posts
First, punch both your mechanic and your buddy in the sack. Second check the fuel bowl drain pet**** and the filter housing o-ring. Excessive pressure could be blowing by. Just a guess on the second part, but a good place to start. The top of the block drains out the rear passenger side.

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
I would say to check the rear passenger side fuel rail plug in the head and see if it feels wet around there or the front banjo bolt holding the fuel line onto the head itself.

On a side not if you plan on your trans lasting you at all trash that bully dog programmer and get an SCT with custom tunes.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would say to check the rear passenger side fuel rail plug in the head and see if it feels wet around there or the front banjo bolt holding the fuel line onto the head itself.

On a side not if you plan on your trans lasting you at all trash that bully dog programmer and get an SCT with custom tunes.
I will look into those suggestions. I've had my eye on an SCT with tunes for a while : )

ps: Great looking Tuscany!!! I've only ever seen a few, and never another black one. Are those the wheels that came on them? My truck had the black Moto Metals put on just before I bought it last year.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
I didn't buy it brand new so I can't answer that with 100% certainty. LOL thanks though your the first I've seen on here with another 05 SuperDuty FTX. Get a pic in your sig.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
First, punch both your mechanic and your buddy in the sack. Second check the fuel bowl drain pet**** and the filter housing o-ring. Excessive pressure could be blowing by. Just a guess on the second part, but a good place to start. The top of the block drains out the rear passenger side.

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Sounds like you are referencing the 7.3?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Yes I was...I'll stick to reading :(
He he he....no problem. I am lucky enough to own a 7.3 also. No comparison to the 6.0. You should always feel free to post what you like.......

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
sounds like its leaking out of the secondary fuel filter. check that seal and o rings on that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts