Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having my project car stolen a few days ago i started to worrie about the safty of my truck. I started looking into anti theft systems and came across the Ravelco system. Looks like a winner to me. wanted to get yalls thoughts on this. and maybe see if anyone is using this.

·
Berm Buster
527 Posts
If it was me i would go with something made by directed electronics. They make a lot if different brands like python or viper for example. I would go with a python. They have a lot of different options from basic alarm to alarm remote start. The python 990 has a turbo timer built in so you can leave the truck running and let the turbo cool down without having to sit there and wait. Also has a wait to start setting to let the glow plugs do there job.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it was me i would go with something made by directed electronics. They make a lot if different brands like python or viper for example. I would go with a python. They have a lot of different options from basic alarm to alarm remote start. The python 990 has a turbo timer built in so you can leave the truck running and let the turbo cool down without having to sit there and wait. Also has a wait to start setting to let the glow plugs do there job.
I have an alarm. it dosent deter thefts these days. i want a way to completely imobilize the rig so no one can take it.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
That Ravelco system looks good. I know the Dodge guys like'm alot. NEver seen one, but heard they work great.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Dunno, I'm 8k upside down, if it disappeared I would not be too upset.

·
Berm Buster
527 Posts
An alarm should disable the truck to start if it is installed properly. It has a starter kill.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i put lo jack on mine and if anyone takes it they can track it and get it back to me

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
i put lo jack on mine and if anyone takes it they can track it and get it back to me
Until the Lo-jack box is ripped out and thrown away. A lot of the good car thieves are doing this now.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just put a toggle switch on the ignition.
Ya know pat i was thinking about that. On honda's i have installed an on/off switch on the starter signal wire. Is there a starter signal wire on a psd?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ravelco works

I've had Ravelco on my truck for three years now.

Once in a while I forget to install the plug. I can tell you that the truck won't even crank without the plug. I can tell you that the installer did a good job installing the armored cable, making it look like a factory cable and hiding it pretty good.

It must work... I've still got my truck!:thumb:

·
Registered
467 Posts
or if you have sct just have your tuner write a dead file, and just load it/unload it everytime. To me though that seems like to much waiting but what do i know?!

·
Compression Ignition Addict
6,297 Posts
I have the Ravelco and I love it. I have been told that vehicles w/ them are virtually impossible to hotwire. Their selling point is that no one has stolen a vehicle w/ a Ravelco system in it.

The only downside to me is that it does not offer protection from break-in and theft of contents. For protection on this, I installed jimmi jammers on the four doors. A thief could still break the windows, but they are a little less likely to do so IMHO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts