Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Strokers,

This question is aimed at Raul, or anyone that has a bumper like his! Where the f*%& did you get that bumper? I am looking for one, possibly down the road, and I noticed yours and thought it looked sweet:thumb:

I would like to remove the factory chrome front bumper which would also allow clearance for larger tires. I would then purchase Bushwacker Pocket Styles flares to help with stuff flying up from the tires.

Anyone's input would be great and thanks again for everyone's help!

Sergio:icon_ford:

·
Registered
905 Posts
dang tank, this is the first thread i have seen where you havent posted pics of your truck and its goodies. lol. just giving ya crap. lol

·
Registered
421 Posts
Why don't you PM him???

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
stroker- did you mean "haven't"?....lol

yeah...I do love posting pics of my truck.

I started 3 years ago from nothing, and no idea about modifiying.

I had an idea when I was a kid, of the vehicle that I would own when I grew up......

well...I never grew up,...but I did build(fabricated myself)...my dream truck.

So....Yes...I am very proud of what I've accomplished on my own.....lol

·
Registered
905 Posts
stroker- did you mean "haven't"?....lol

yeah...I do love posting pics of my truck.

I started 3 years ago from nothing, and no idea about modifiying.

I had an idea when I was a kid, of the vehicle that I would own when I grew up......

well...I never grew up,...but I did build(fabricated myself)...my dream truck.

So....Yes...I am very proud of what I've accomplished on my own.....lol

yea that is was i meant. lol. and its cool. just had to mess with you a little bit. Glad you are proud of your truck. you
Spent a lot of time on it.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Hey Strokers,

This question is aimed at Raul, or anyone that has a bumper like his! Where the f*%& did you get that bumper? I am looking for one, possibly down the road, and I noticed yours and thought it looked sweet:thumb:

I would like to remove the factory chrome front bumper which would also allow clearance for larger tires. I would then purchase Bushwacker Pocket Styles flares to help with stuff flying up from the tires.

Anyone's input would be great and thanks again for everyone's help!

Sergio:icon_ford:
hey man I got a buddy with a bumper for sale its in Sebring, FL let me find the link for you to see if you are interested

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
To answer the question Raul got his bumper through a private sale.

So you would have to PM him to get the name of the company that made the bumper he has.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
nevermind its for a 99-04 truck sorry man

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its a local place down here in so cal that makes them... i now have an account with them so if your interested PM me and i can shoot you over a price :)
Sounds good man! That thing looks sweet! I'll be giving you a heads up when it comes time for my tax rebate to come in:thumb:

And thanks, tank, for confusing me in the conversation earlier:hehe:. You do have a sweet setup that I am also interested in as a bumper replacement. Where did you get yours from?

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Tank, LOVE your bumper and safari rack. I'm actually in the process of buying some tools to build my own bumper also. Since I'm in Hawaii, trying to ship bumpers drives the cost way up. Any tips? I was actually thinking of building a mock up out of plywood and masonite.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
why you want to spend all that money on plywood and masonite...lol

cardboard and duct-tape babyyyy

I dont have any build pics of the rack,..kinda did it in a hurry

all the wires run internally, inside the piping,..I didn't want ANY wire exposed,..pics were taken before I cleaned everything up...and the air system has been updated too...that mess was just a quick fab job, just to get me by.

I re-enforced it with angle aluminum, and added 4 more "bed clamps",..just in case..

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I was thinking of using wood and masonite because I have a winch that I want to fabricate around. This way I would have something to mount the winch too and then work around it. What size tubing did you use for the push bar and for the safari rack?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts