Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my rare 1997 F350 4x4 dually CC longbed - there's plenty of 4x4 old body style Crew Cab's but you will not find very many old body style 4x4 duallys. I am the original owner and have taken great care of this truck. It's white with a little over 111K miles on it. I have religiously changed the oil every 3000 miles and the fuel filter every 6000 miles since it was new.

This truck is set up for towing and does a great job with my boat. All modifications were chosen with building a tow vehicle in mind. Rockin S Performance has performed the majority of the work and if you have seen any of Rocky's trucks, you will know that he does outstanding work. Modifications are:

- ATS Transmission
- ATS torque converter
- ATS lockup controller
- Auto Meter A Pillar gauges, transmission temp, boost, pyrometer
- Downpipe
- Tymar like intake
- H2E turbo - this is NOT the stock turbo, this turbo moves a LOT of air!
- 160cc Ryan Casserly injectors
- 4 position Tony Wildman chip
- 6.0 intercooler
- 40-20-40 front seat
- Alcoa wheels
- Line-x bedliner
- Putco popup tie downs
- Sirius radio
- Diamond plate running boards

I just drove this truck to Lake Powell and back towing my Mastercraft with 250 gallons of gas in the bed and it climbed the to the tunnel and Vail pass easily at 70mph. You will have a hard time finding another old body style Ford that can pull the hills like this one. This F350 will run the hills with the newer 6.0 and 6.4 Fords.

I am asking $18,000 which is an absolute steal with the modifications this truck has but I will consider any reasonable offer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Where are you located?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
We have plenty of 4x4 dually's here but the farmers have them all, hardly ever see them on the road.:dunno:Good luck on your sale.:thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dropping the price to $16,500

All offers will be considered

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
you should hold on to that truck that never let you down. mines 12 and it aint goin no where. 7.3 is still the king

·
cj41foleyisathief
1,925 Posts
Did Ford make a 92-97 4X4 dually? I was thinking the first ones were SD's

·
haters gonna hate 24/7.
3,801 Posts
you should hold on to that truck that never let you down. mines 12 and it aint goin no where. 7.3 is still the king
Nice lookin OBS!!! :icon_ford:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am pretty sure the first 4x4 factory duallys are the SD's. I bought this one new in 97 and it went straight to a guy that put the aftermarket dually kit on it. I think he used factory 2x4 parts to convert this to duals but not certain of that.

Thanks for the nice comments, the only reason I am selling is I found another 97 single rear axle that I want. I don't need the dual rear wheels anymore.

I am thinking there is someone out there that knows Ford did not make a 4x4 DRW in 97 but wants one of their own. This is a good running truck and pretty darn fast for a 1 ton truck. I am too old to get into any kind of street race so I don't know what it will do head to head but with my mods, I think I should be around 325+ HP.

Kind of a sleeper

1 - 11 of 11 Posts