Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed lately on my 95 that once and a while for a second or two the steering will get really hard to turn and then suddenly release. Also noticed that some days it will seem to turn easier than normal and other days will be a little stiffer but not hard. Today when i jumped it it for lunch its doing it way more. Seems like everytime i slow down the steering will get hard. Its really only been doing it since the colder temps but that could just be my luck.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now the steering seems like it getting harder all the time.. I forgot to mention that in the steering colum for some time I have been hearing a grinding noise just in behind the steering wheel? Is their a bearing or something in their that can go bad and cause the hard steering?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ended up finding the issue. It was the inner ujoint. seized and falling out. What a pain to get out. ended up having to take a grinder and cutting it out. Stupid idea having a internal c clip on the axle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.