Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 F250 Auto 6.0.
I run a custom tune (over a year nothing crazy, just for mpg)
I also have a CTS2 monitor to see everything.

So recently I had a shop put on new water pump and radiator and they said the tranny fluid was a little low to grab a quart before I came up and top it off. So I did. The carstore sold me the wrong fluid. I put 1qt of some type of multi type of fluid in my truck...and the issues start shortly after...

On a big trip right after this I was on the highway when the truck pulled itself out of 5th into neutral causing me to redline it and then throwing itself back into 5th hard...and it was fine for a little bit after that. 20 minutes later it did it again. This was normal driving. No passing or flooring or loads or anything like that.

Got into the big city and I get on it a little bit and once again puts itself in neutral, the tow light starts flashing and im hearing a rapid clicking sound from the fuse panel inside the cab and im watching my monitor and the truck is rapidly switch gears at random patterns like: 5th, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 3rd, reverse... Oh it was shifting btw not just saying that. I pulled over put it in park and looked at a few fuses and they looked fine. Randomly it stopped...then later that night it did it again at random....then stopped. So I wait until night and drive home and the next day I take it to ford for a tranny flush. I told them what happened and how the wrong fluid was used and he argued it needed flushed but not the filters changed. A few times I said I dont want to bring it back and im fine if they change the filters but he clearly didnt want to. After the flush I make it halfway home start to get on it and boom...clicking sound from fuse panel, changing gears, tow light flashing and im on the side of the road...but this time I turn the truck off (big no no) and when I go to turn it on it wont because the truck says its in 4th gear...I call a tow truck and 2+hrs later I go to start it before he gets there and it now says its in first gear...Have it towed back to ford and told them to look for a lose/broken wire or flash the computer but the guy on the phone is just soooo dead set it needs a tranny...when this one has never once showed a issue and still technically doesn't.

Random facts:
ABS Light kicks on at highway speed and goes off after you restart the truck
Tranny flushed but filters not changed by ford.

Please watch this video. My truck is doing the same thing. You can even hear the clicking like mine

All help is welcome

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pressure control solenoid inside tranny. You're going to have to drop the pan. Put a scanner on it and find out which one.
Probably because it's lacking fluid I'm guessing?
Having same problem myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts