Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was driving my truck a couple months ago and it just randomly shut off.I was able to push the inertia switch and it started and I made my way home as usual.Well, I was on my way to work last monday(everything happens on a monday) and the engine cut off in houston traffic(even worse). I managed to muscle the steering wheel to the right side of the free lane. My truck would not start back up and threw a p0231 code, or the "fuel pump secondary circuit low" code. Had it towed back to my apartment. I read on here and saw it might have been the inertia switch.Replaced the inertia switch and a week later it died on me again! So reading some other ford forums of this happening, I found that it might be the "non-serviceable" fuel relay on the inside fuel panel. took the fuse panel apart and lord and behold, its burnt. Bought a new one and awaiting the new fuse box. Should be here Monday. I would replace it myself but the way the circuit boards are made, theres no way to get the underside.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same issue. Found the non-serviceable relay was not working. Instead of replacing the fuse panel I spliced in an external relay and bypassed the non-serviceable one.......been running great since

·
Administrator
23,313 Posts
Great pics, and great fix, but none of them show the connections you made at the board.

Did you open the relay and expose the pins or heat the pins and remove them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts