Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked on a steep hill the other day while pretty low on fuel. The truck started for a minute, then it chugged. I turned it off and dumped a gallon of fuel in it. She would not start after cranking a few times. I got out pulled the fuel filter filled the res and then opened and closed the water lever several times. She started but it took a long time to run correctly. I drove for a few days around town and it drove fine except when WOT it would lose its pull. Now on the hwy it will not go over 60mph or it acts like its going to break down. Any suggestions? Im going to replace the filter on the rail today.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
hmmm when i ran mine out of fuel the other day i just put it to the floor and it cleared up after about 3 miles..check your oil level too

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
What is your fuel pressure? Find that out. Fuel pump going out, Fuel pickup screen plugged, hard to tell with out knowing fuel pressure. Try checking pressure KONR and KOR.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about air in the fuel rails, guess I need to bleed them too?

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
it might take some time to get all that air outta there. but check fuel pressure too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts