Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime it rains heavily, rain water leaks into the cab. It leaks in through somewhere near the pillar next to the passenger glove compartment. Do you think it's the windshield seal? What else could it be? (The windshield is not the original.)

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out, the drivers side is also leaking. The corner of the headliner where it meets the windshield and pillar is also wet and water drips from there to the floor and down the pillar to the floor. I'm gonna silicone around the windshield for now.

·
Registered
420 Posts
There is definitely a TSB for what you are describing (both water in footwell as well as water at headliner). Was some sort of bad seam that need caulked w/silicone. Do some serches and you will find the TSB. I think it was a 2010 TSB, but I am not sure what month.

MikeB

·
Registered
162 Posts
Help

If anyone has found the TSB dealing with this problem please drop me a line I am having the same problem with my truck also. Thanks

·
Registered
319 Posts
There is definitely a TSB for what you are describing (both water in footwell as well as water at headliner). Was some sort of bad seam that need caulked w/silicone. Do some serches and you will find the TSB. I think it was a 2010 TSB, but I am not sure what month.

MikeB
yes i found it there is a gap behind the drip rail on the door it says to fill the gap with silicone.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If anyone has found the TSB dealing with this problem please drop me a line I am having the same problem with my truck also. Thanks
Do you have a sunroof?

Mine was leaking on the passenger side (headliner was getting wet, dripping down on to the seat, or running down the a-pillar).

After cleaning the drain tubes out for the sunroof, that problem seems to be resolved.

Had another issue with the floor on the passenger's side getting wet... that turned out to be rain water filling up the air plenum (fresh air side of the heater) and leaking in through the blend door. A 1/4" drill bit fixed that Ford Engineering problem (no drain hole).

Lee

·
Registered
905 Posts
Those drain holes in the sunroof clog pretty easy, especially if you park under trees alot.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Do you have a sunroof?

Mine was leaking on the passenger side (headliner was getting wet, dripping down on to the seat, or running down the a-pillar).

After cleaning the drain tubes out for the sunroof, that problem seems to be resolved.

Had another issue with the floor on the passenger's side getting wet... that turned out to be rain water filling up the air plenum (fresh air side of the heater) and leaking in through the blend door. A 1/4" drill bit fixed that Ford Engineering problem (no drain hole).

Lee
I'm having the same problem. Can you post a picture or tell us where exactly where to drill the hole?

Thanks lee

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm having the same problem. Can you post a picture or tell us where exactly where to drill the hole?

Thanks lee
Sure.

Remove the fan from the heater assembly (under the hood).

When you get the fan out an look inside the heater plenum, mine was full of water in the bottom, right up to the bottom of the blend door.

I mopped out all the water with a rag, and was able to get in there with a drill and a drill bit (whatever you feel is appropriate), and drilled a hole in the bottom of that part of the plenum where the water was collecting.

I used about a 1/4" bit, something big enough that it wouldn't plug with gunk.

If you study the design, you will realize that the water is collecting on the air inlet side, so the hole size doesn't matter since it is on the atmosphere/suction side.

Fixed my rainwater flood on the passenger side floor. :)

I suppose there must be a crack in the air intake up top somewhere, but I think that requires removal of the whole heater box to get to (ick). Ford should have put a drain hole in there to begin with... Engineering fail.

Lee

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sure.

Remove the fan from the heater assembly (under the hood).

When you get the fan out an look inside the heater plenum, mine was full of water in the bottom, right up to the bottom of the blend door.

I mopped out all the water with a rag, and was able to get in there with a drill and a drill bit (whatever you feel is appropriate), and drilled a hole in the bottom of that part of the plenum where the water was collecting.

I used about a 1/4" bit, something big enough that it wouldn't plug with gunk.

If you study the design, you will realize that the water is collecting on the air inlet side, so the hole size doesn't matter since it is on the atmosphere/suction side.

Fixed my rainwater flood on the passenger side floor. :)

I suppose there must be a crack in the air intake up top somewhere, but I think that requires removal of the whole heater box to get to (ick). Ford should have put a drain hole in there to begin with... Engineering fail.

Lee

Awesome, Lee! Thank you very much. I'll take it apart tomorrow and take look with some pictures. A buddy of mine has the same problem as well. I'm sure we're not alone with this problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts