Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright just bought my first powerstroke! actually my first ford. i have amp that i want to hook up but i have no idea how in the hell to pull the cd player out.(its an aftermarket one by the way) so if i can get a place to start that would be great! thanks

·
Semper Fidelis
369 Posts
You can grab the plastic trim piece that goes around the radio and heater controls and pull. It will unsnap, and feel like it broke, but you'll be ok. I'm assuming you need the aftermarket radio keys that would slide in to pull the radio, but if you pull the trim piece, you can get your hands back there and work it that way.

·
Registered
987 Posts
If you could get your hands on a set of aftermarket radio keys you could have the head unit out in about 10 sec.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
alright just bought my first powerstroke! actually my first ford. i have amp that i want to hook up but i have no idea how in the hell to pull the cd player out.(its an aftermarket one by the way) so if i can get a place to start that would be great! thanks
If I were you, I would take it to a professional. :thumb:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wouldnt need keys for an aftermarket radio would i? there is nowhere i can hook them in at.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Go to a stereo shop get the keys. The keys are different depending on stereo maker. Most stereo shops would let you borrow them really quick. It only takes a couple seconds with the right tools

·
Registered
776 Posts
Pulling and installing stereos isn't hard.(with the right tools) Stereo keys are different for different stereo manufacturers. As for the amp, my recomendation, would be to take it to a shop. Have them do the work, so that there's a "warranty" on it. (that way, if the unexpected, unplanned, or whatever happens, it's covered)

Mike

·
Registered
274 Posts
You can also drop your glove box down out of the way and reach your had in their. I found this easier to push the radio out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got it out! thanks guys for the help! was able to reach in and push it out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts