Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just bought a beautiful 2006 King Ranch F250. I have noticed a few things. My dad's truck (an '08) has a notch in the ignition where I can have the radio on without the glow plugs warming up and without the engine lights coming on. I know in the 7.3's there was a notch if I turn the key backwards to keep the radio on. However, my 6.0 doesn't have a notch that I can find. Does anybody know a secret that I do not know? Also, my truck has upfitter switches. I noticed last night that the lights on the upfitter switches that says it is on does not come on without the engine running. Is there a way to get around this also? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
The key should turn backwards also... Might have to slightly turn the steering wheel back and fourth at the same time. The up fitter switches are wired to have power only when the key is in the on position. You could always run a hot lead wire from the fuse block to the hot side of the switch.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Have your tried pushing and pulling the lock cylinder cover (black plastic that surrounds the key when in the ignition) while jiggling it backwards... While slightly turning the steering wheel :tard:

·
Administrator
30,603 Posts
i tried everything it works sometimes but it's not smooth even when I get it to work

it's not a big deal since I have retained power i just hit the remote start and then cancel before it starts

my batteries are good so it can deal with the GP cycle then i just listen to the radio

LOL

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Yall need to spray some graphite lube in the key hole. It may help

·
Administrator
22,223 Posts
Yall need to spray some graphite lube in the key hole. It may help
I was going to suggest the same thing, or if your key is worn get a new one cut.

·
Administrator
30,603 Posts
thx guys '
'I tried the spare key with same issue and I also had they cylinder out doing a door chime mod or something a while ago i will pull it and see if its the cylinder or colum switch being stubborn

heck I may find what wire it is and do an up fitter to it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts