Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed new radio (long story short) had to take it out - but when I went to put it back in there was no power to the radio, so, I checked the radio fuse on the junction box and its good. The fuse on the radio is good. I bench test the radio and it's good. Triple check my wiring and it's good (ground is good). I find that Im not getting any power from the red power wire... Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
Do your instrument cluster lights work?
Do you have illuminated visor mirrors? Do they work?
Check fuse #10 , I popped #10 installing the LED underhood light and it showed the same symptoms

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Here's an idea, put the stock radio back in to see if it still works...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have the new radio installed and it is working but I had to wire it to a constant (orange parking light wire) but the problem is that when I shut the truck off and the radio off the clock light stays on and one.. Im afraid it will drain my battery, two, the clock is bright enough for someone to notice the stereo and steal it.

·
Registered
8,204 Posts
Maybe a few wires were tugged on when the old radio was stolen so the wire connectors deeper in the dash are hanging on by a thread. Dig deeper in the wires (truck side) and see if a wire is barley connected et

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe a few wires were tugged on when the old radio was stolen so the wire connectors deeper in the dash are hanging on by a thread. Dig deeper in the wires (truck side) and see if a wire is barley connected et
I'll check the wires again, the thing is... The new radio was already installed and working fine... I had to take it out to connect to rear camera, and after I reinstalled it the issue started.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts