Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone

I have a 2006 F250 with the 6 cd factory stereo. On my radio I have an auxiliary button, the question is how do you access it? Is there a cable somewhere to plug into it?

I have asked 2 dealerships and they do not have a clue.

SO I thought I would ask the guys here who always no more than the dealerships. heheheh

:rofl:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Good question. My after market radio has a jack on the back that I can plug stuff into before installation.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
You need an interface box from a company called peripheral , what are you wanting to hook up?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
satelite radio

I just want to plug a satelite radio in with out hearing the static.

SMile:rofl:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
get the aux box. Check ebay for them, you can get a pretty good deal sometimes. Just make sure it's a peripheral or other known brand. The dealership can get them for you too. The peripheral I believe has two sets of RCA jacks, so you could hook up satelite and an MP3 player, or whatever else you may need.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I picked up an ebay aux box 3 years ago for my focus (same 6-disk) and it worked great. Don't remember how much I paid for it. But don't think it was much more than $40. Never had a problem with it. Will be looking for one for my truck now so I can listen to the ipod again.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I picked up an ebay aux box 3 years ago for my focus (same 6-disk) and it worked great. Don't remember how much I paid for it. But don't think it was much more than $40. Never had a problem with it. Will be looking for one for my truck now so I can listen to the ipod again.
do you have to remove the factory radio and plug the box into the back of it? How do you hook it up? And will it work to use a blue tooth device through the car speaker system?

·
Registered
369 Posts
this is what i need to complete the same thing right?

this xm radio thing is getting cheaper to upgrade the complete stero!

i knowthis is a old thread but i am just now dealling with this -thanks fr the help.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I upgraded the whole stereo. I got a better stereo and more controls. You can also find the adapter at crutchfield.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts