Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had missing coolant for a while, and sometimes it shows up under the truck on the drivers side on the corner of the radiator. I determined that the hose was the problem as there was always fluid on the upper radiator hose. I replaced it. Now that it is replaced, I still see red coolant sitting on the top seam where the black cap is crimped to the metal radiator. I assume this means that damn thing is seeping at the crimp.

This means radiator replacement as far as I can see. But, my question is, do I go with OEM radiator or Mishimoto? With shipping, an OEM will be close to the Mishi.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
I have had missing coolant for a while, and sometimes it shows up under the truck on the drivers side on the corner of the radiator. I determined that the hose was the problem as there was always fluid on the upper radiator hose. I replaced it. Now that it is replaced, I still see red coolant sitting on the top seam where the black cap is crimped to the metal radiator. I assume this means that damn thing is seeping at the crimp.

This means radiator replacement as far as I can see. But, my question is, do I go with OEM radiator or Mishimoto? With shipping, an OEM will be close to the Mishi.
I bought once from performance radiator and have had good results with it. It also has a lifetime warranty. Its all aluminum so no plastic parts. Its also said its the same one that BPD resales.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Old School
266 Posts
The plastic top crimped location failure is common for F series trucks. I had the same thing and put in a BPD radiator. No issues with it since.

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
I'm on my 3rd Mishi. I'm at 108K with this one now (the updated version) and no problems. Not sure I'd go this way again though.

k

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
iirc my factory radiator went about 170,000 before it started smelling ad leaving residue at the top seam. I put another factory one in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts