Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went up against a 1/2 chevy it had a v6 4.7L. i smoked him. Then went up against an s-10. he beat me, but about 3-4 truck lengths. How much will i be able to beat him when i get my chip? i got him out of the hole, then he just kept going

·
Registered
277 Posts
if an s-10 beat you i would sell my truck,or learn how to drive,thats just sad.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
How do you figure that? Look at what his truck weighs and look at what my truck weighs. He has a better HP to weigh ratio, of course he is going to beat me
You will be better off when your chip gets to you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
nice i beat a cummins today way to represent

·
Registered
198 Posts
went up against a 1/2 chevy it had a v6 4.7L. i smoked him. Then went up against an s-10. he beat me, but about 3-4 truck lengths. How much will i be able to beat him when i get my chip? i got him out of the hole, then he just kept going
So i take it your truck is stock?

What chip are you getting? after you get it youll definately notice the difference.

personally i never raced anything when my truck was stock so i wouldnt know how it would do against anything else.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Well what engine did this s10 have im guessing the v6 not the 4 banger cuz I can run faster than my friends 4cyl s10. But still seems like you shoulda beat him.

·
Registered
318 Posts
So i take it your truck is stock?

What chip are you getting? after you get it youll definately notice the difference.

personally i never raced anything when my truck was stock so i wouldnt know how it would do against anything else.
dude, its that big list in his signature

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well what engine did this s10 have im guessing the v6 not the 4 banger cuz I can run faster than my friends 4cyl s10. But still seems like you shoulda beat him.

yes he has a v6, i got him off the line, but then he went by. With the chip that won't happen, i'll smoke him

·
Registered
198 Posts
dude, its that big list in his signature
yea I saw that, but i didnt see or recognize any programmer, I meant if his program/tune was stock.

Sorry im still new to all the diesel stuff.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
The s-10's can be pretty quick. Used to drive an older one before they put the vortec 4.3 in them and it was respectable. With the 190hp or the 210hp 4.3(depending on the year) with an intake/exhaust I could see it being a problem for a non chipped/tuned truck.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The s-10's can be pretty quick. Used to drive an older one before they put the vortec 4.3 in them and it was respectable. With the 190hp or the 210hp 4.3(depending on the year) with an intake/exhaust I could see it being a problem for a non chipped/tuned truck.

I'm not sure what year it is. there is no way a non chipped powerstroke will beat him. i will with my chip. right?

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
You shouldn't have much trouble with him after the chip. Before I got my SCT I tried a few s-10's and it was close, but since my looney tune was installed there is no contest.

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
yea I saw that, but i didnt see or recognize any programmer, I meant if his program/tune was stock.

Sorry im still new to all the diesel stuff.
sorry bro, dont want you to think I was jumpin on you. meant no harm...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts