Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running a Looney Tune on stock bolts still? If so how is the tune, have you had any problems from it, and how long have you been running it? I was looking at either the looney tune or ecocity tune until I do studs hopefully next winter (if all goes as planned). I have an ‘03 f250 with 4” turbo back exhaust, blue spring, coolant filter and soon to be back flushing the oil cooler and switching to elc coolant.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ive been running looney on stock bolts for around 40k no issues, it an 05 with 170k never had a gasket issue its got a kc stage 1 turbo, 4inch turbo back, s&b intake, blue spring, coolant filter, egr delete.

·
Registered
7 Posts
the "looney" tune is built for stock bolts,, the "looney wild" is for studded engines. that being said 244k on my stock bolt engine running the "looney" for 30k----- no issues

·
Registered
6 Posts
My truck has the stock bolts with 114k miles, been on the looney tune for about 10k miles and no issues so far. I did do oil cooler and coolant filter, but it has nothing to do with the tune. Other than that its stock.

Makes a big difference in performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just got the looney tune on bolts about 600 miles ago. I was previously running innovative performance XS tune (it’s their hottest for stock bolts, so about the same equivelant). Driving experience, night and day. I really like the looney tune. Smooth on the shifts, doesn’t smoke until you hit it hard, and gets you going; egts seem to run slightly lower than the innovative tune too when hitting grade.
04 f250. KC stage 1 turbo. S&B cold air. Banks 4” turbo back exhaust/cat deleted). Etc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts