Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be be in a 300 ft race on Saturday. It's on clay and in 4x4. I need to get off the line as soon as possible. I'm running the SPD with EL and I'm not real happy with it. Any other suggestions for my situation? I was considering Erics extreme x cause my truck seems to like Eric's tunes.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
You the first person I've heard say they don't like the SPD. Have you given TSD a call to see if they could maybe tweak it to your liking?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Buddy, SPD is the best tune I've had. I love it. Wouldn't switch now, if I were you. Just my opinion though. As stated above, maybe call and get TSD to ramp up the low end?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
The SPD is the best in my experiences with getting the power on the ground. The Looney Wild did dyno 7lb-ft's more than the SPD on my truck but it also had 8rwhp lose from the SPD. Driving on the street the SPD feels way faster, I'm thinking it's all in the way Chris tunes the tranny.

·
Registered
419 Posts
my spd feels faster and more powerful than my extreme race.. but a few runs down the track says my extreme race is faster

·
Registered
216 Posts
Driving on the street the SPD feels way faster, I'm thinking it's all in the way Chris tunes the tranny.
Agreed. The SPD feels like it has much better power delivery. Feels way better on the street.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got an email from Chris. I love this site.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a conversation with Chris earlier , looks like I'm gonna get the hook up !!!!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but i've got Eric's tune's and i really like them, however what is the SPD and who do i contact to try it out?

i want a good powerful tune with great power delivery that is going to take care of the trans.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but i've got Eric's tune's and i really like them, however what is the SPD and who do i contact to try it out?

i want a good powerful tune with great power delivery that is going to take care of the trans.
Truck source diesel. Do a search for them and it will pop up.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

The SPD stands for Super Panty Dropper. It is a tune from Truck Source Diesel for studded trucks. Truck Sources number is (210)654-6767. Talk to Chris B. You will love the SPD. Hands down the smoothest and most powerful tune for a 6.0

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
How long on average does it take to recieve a tune from TSD? Saturday will be 3 weeks since I spoke to Chris and ordered it and I have yet to recieve it of hear anything.:dunno: I keep seeing on here that people are contacting them and getting them within a couple of days. Guess I should give them a call.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:thumb::thumb:So I got the tune from Chris in about 45 mins with some tweaks for my picky self. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW . This thing is not only the QUICKEST tune I've ever run but it's so diverse. It shoots me out of the hole like crazy. It hauls me up hills. Very fast and makes nasty boost. I put 45 miles on it and I stop at light, this 7.3 with stacks and all kinds of junk on it pulls up beside me revving. I took off from the light so fast he quit about 100 ft into it. I couldn't be happier with Truck source diesel and their customer service!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
SPD is my favorite tune also. Its also lived up to its name a couple times on some first dates :thumb:

The Buck drags are 250 I think, either way. Traction is the biggest factor, air those tires down!

·
Registered
26 Posts
im running the spd as my dd tune and have been for a while. ive been considering getting xtreme X because i feel like the truck should be alot faster than it is. no time slips to know for sure but even if i did call chris for an updated tune, i wouldnt know how do describe what im missing in the tune being all ive had is stock and spd. i just want all the power i can down low and on the launch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How long on average does it take to recieve a tune from TSD? Saturday will be 3 weeks since I spoke to Chris and ordered it and I have yet to recieve it of hear anything.:dunno: I keep seeing on here that people are contacting them and getting them within a couple of days. Guess I should give them a call.
Did you ever get your tune? I have been waiting over a week for mine and no word from them yet. Matt at Gearhead and Eric at Innovative had mine to me within a few hours??? I don't mind it taking longer but communication is important.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I've been waiting for about a week for an email about some things too. Probably just busy. Who knows he could have 500 emails in his box about the spd tune! Its a good one.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts