Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the ex's sit lower then a pickup my 2002 seemed to be at least an inch higher? And as far as I knew my truck was stock. Also if this is true that the ex's sit lower can you swap leafs from a F250 to lift it up? Anyone here have a 4" on theres? Thats what I want to eventually do?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have an 03 excursion.. They sit 2" lower than a stock 250 or 350.. Excursions were made as a family utility, and therefore were made 2" lower to fit in a standard 6'6" underground parking lot. I lifted mine 4" from stock.. The lift was a 2" pro comp for a 250 but fit in my ex. Hope this helped a bit.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Do the ex's sit lower then a pickup my 2002 seemed to be at least an inch higher? And as far as I knew my truck was stock. Also if this is true that the ex's sit lower can you swap leafs from a F250 to lift it up? Anyone here have a 4" on theres? Thats what I want to eventually do?
yes - the Ex suspension is unique and designed to deliver a lower ride height than a pickup.

Probably the most popular mod on an ex is to install OEM springs from a F250 or F350. That gives quite a bit of lift. Other lift options exist as well.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes - the Ex suspension is unique and designed to deliver a lower ride height than a pickup.

Probably the most popular mod on an ex is to install OEM springs from a F250 or F350. That gives quite a bit of lift. Other lift options exist as well.
Thanks for the info:thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have an '04 Ex that I think someone lowered before me. So if I got a set of leaves from an '04 F-250, the should bolt right on and bring it up a little. Is this correct? Should I just look for one that had a diesel or is there a certain spring code I should look for?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
292 Posts
There are a ton of threads detailing how to do this. search the web for b/v code upgrade. FTE has a good write up.

I actually went with a heavier spring, the x/c codes.

You can also look at General Springs website for some info on spring ratinsg etc.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
I have an '04 Ex that I think someone lowered before me. So if I got a set of leaves from an '04 F-250, the should bolt right on and bring it up a little. Is this correct? Should I just look for one that had a diesel or is there a certain spring code I should look for?

Talk to Cary, there's a BIG difference between tuning the suspension for the pickups as compared to our Excursions. He has done builds on hundreds of Excursion's and really knows his stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts