Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put the edge juice with attitude programmer in my truck and I am curious to see what people set their egt level at before the truck starts defueling. It got to 1300 today, but I am leary about it and do not want any issues.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Where is your probe. Is it preturbo or post turbo. If it is preturbo I suggest you set your egt's at 1,200degrees. If it is post turbo I suggest you set it at 800degrees.

Yes there is a big difference between post turbo and pre turbo readings for your egt's.

Also the truck does not defuel from the high EGT's it defuels from high boost readings.

·
Registered
79 Posts
the packet you get with the juiced says to put the egt probe on the manifold i myself wouldnt install it there reason being it will read more of 1 cyl. than the actual egt over all so i would recomend installing the egt. probe on the downpipe close to the turbo.. Mine would never read correct it was always changing and when i would pull a trailer it would read up in the 2-3 and sometimes it wouldnt get over 900 and then when i moved it. it would read a more constant temp and was much lower now pulling the same load it will read about 950

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
the packet you get with the juiced says to put the egt probe on the manifold i myself wouldnt install it there reason being it will read more of 1 cyl. than the actual egt over all so i would recomend installing the egt. probe on the downpipe close to the turbo.. Mine would never read correct it was always changing and when i would pull a trailer it would read up in the 2-3 and sometimes it wouldnt get over 900 and then when i moved it. it would read a more constant temp and was much lower now pulling the same load it will read about 950
You do understand that having the probe on the downpipe even close to the turbo has a tempature drop on average of 500 degrees.

Having it on the manifold it reads the manifold tempature not the single cylinder temp. Even if it was reading one cylinders temp. If one is that hot then they all most be pretty close to that temp.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have it on the bottom of the manifold as it suggests. And I would think it would all be the same because it is all being pushed toward the bottom of the manifold anyways. As of now I have it set at 1200, but it still went above. So what is the reason for the setting then?

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
I have it on the bottom of the manifold as it suggests. And I would think it would all be the same because it is all being pushed toward the bottom of the manifold anyways. As of now I have it set at 1200, but it still went above. So what is the reason for the setting then?
It should sound an alarm when it reaches that setting. Which will warn you and tell you that you should back off the throttle. At least that is my understanding of the Edge.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
ok cool. how do you like your ts?
I am getting ready to pull it and send it to TW for custom tunes. I should have got a TW chip from the get go.

I have rode in a truck with TW tunes. It was much more enjoyable the shifts were smoother and everything.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I am getting ready to pull it and send it to TW for custom tunes. I should have got a TW chip from the get go.

I have rode in a truck with TW tunes. It was much more enjoyable the shifts were smoother and everything.
ya custom tunes are the way to go on the 7.3. a night and day difference

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do custom tunes give you an adjustable option? and if so how much do they usually run? i only got the edge juice with attitude because i liked the monitor more than the gauges, but thats just my personal opinion

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
NEVER EVER EVER use a post turbo pyro... You may as well be driving without one. There is no "set" differance between pre and post turbo, it can be nothing, or as much as 500 degree's.

Here is a piston out of my early 99 with a superchips tuner and a Post turbo pyro...

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
do custom tunes give you an adjustable option? and if so how much do they usually run? i only got the edge juice with attitude because i liked the monitor more than the gauges, but thats just my personal opinion
the custom tunes just have different fuel curves. to put your power at different rpm levels. in mine you can feel the difference when you change the postions

·
Registered
497 Posts
U guys need to listen to CSIPSD, he has had about as much carnage as one can have. He does know what he is talking about.............................................................

Sometimes!!! :beer: :poke

1 - 13 of 13 Posts