Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do u have to have the programmer hooked up to the wires the whole time or can u take it away. It is a big unit and it takes up a good amount of windshield space.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I tossed mine in my closet. Ugly as hell.
Just a suggestion. I like a clean looking dash without clutter.
I bought an MSD Dash Hawk and mount. It looks stock and the screen color can be adjusted to match stock. You program it on your computer to monitor as much as 7 displays. You can pick from twenty something PIDS to monitor.
I display 4, EGT, boost, tranny temp and coolant temp.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Very nice "sano" looking set-up. :thumb:

Stay Tuned
Amp

·
Registered
318 Posts
Does that display match the factory dash lights at night and about how much $?
Thanks

·
Registered
800 Posts
Does that display match the factory dash lights at night and about how much $?
Thanks

It has 4 colors to mix, and something like 24 million different possible combos. I can get it to match the dash perfectly.
Costs $350.00 from DFuser.

·
Registered
318 Posts
George C, Are you running the EGT probe to read the temps, or does the unit read the temp from a factory sensor? Did you compare the Edge Insight unit to the MSD unit? I have been thinging about the Insight latly, never realized MSD also made a unit. Sorry for all the questions. Thanks
Tucker

·
Registered
800 Posts
MSD makes the units for Edge. I was told the Dash Hawk, under MSD's name offers more memory and upgrade possibilities..

DashHawk Downloads

If you look at MSD's website, you'll see there are two different Dash Hawks. The first generation is the same thing as the Insight.
The updated generation is what I currently have. You simply download their software from their website, plug in the Dash Hawk into your USB, and then set it up to your liking.

I can read any one of the 4 exhaust probes.
I directly read the pre turbo stock probe in the downpipe, and it reacts spot on from my experiences with other pre turbo readings from my other trucks..
The other 3 post turbo probes really don't offer anything we need to know.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
You can buy the same thing...but with a different name for less.

The Edge Insight does it all...and is like $300 shipped with the pod.

The gauges are very accurate IMO, and it looks very nice..clean...easy to read..etc...best digital gauge setup out there IMO...hands down better than what we can currently use the DashDaq for

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
You can buy the same thing...but with a different name for less.

The Edge Insight does it all...and is like $300 shipped with the pod.

The gauges are very accurate IMO, and it looks very nice..clean...easy to read..etc...best digital gauge setup out there IMO...hands down better than what we can currently use the DashDaq for
Pahrump,

Are you using this with the Spartan tune? I am in process of getting the SDT 250 tune, pipes, and injectors..... I have the Edge Evolution, MSD, etc, and i would like to use the gauge functions. Can I load the SDT tune and then add on the Edge for the gauge functions?

Thanks!

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts