Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 5" MBRP exhaust system, it sounds ok but it was customized after the turbo down pipe with a 36" long 4" wide pipe so it wouldn't make an annoying rattling sound in the cab. All I have on the vehicle is a superchips tuner, airaid cold air intake, and that exhaust and I've heard a five inch is too big for what I'm running. I'm considering a four inch system but I want to still have enough flow in that exhaust for future upgrades like a new turbo and injectors. And does a dual exhaust flow more than single exhausts? Also, I want an SCT programmer, where do I go and who do I contact? And, I've heard accufab has a power elbow for my 2006 f-350. Is it worth it and what does anyone know about its benefits?

Thank you all so
much!!!

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Dual exhaust does not "flow" more than a single. For the sct xcal you can call any site vendor and shop around. IMO, I would get a used xcal2 or xcal3 and just straight up buy some tunes. IMO, the "power" elbow isn't worth it and I think it is supposed to flow a little more air and look better. However, I'm not for sure on the power elbow info.

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
I have the SCT with custom tunes and love it! You can contact DJ @ DJ's Diesel or Eric @ Innovative Diesel (both site sponsors). Also, I put my intake elbow on at the same time I did some other stuff, so at first, I didn't think that it did much. After doing some research, the power elbow is reported to give as much as 10 add'l HP (measured by a dyno at the rear wheels)... I'll see if I can find that link to the report.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
A 4 inch turbo back would be plenty for pretty much any upgrade you plan to do, just look at some of the Big Trucks. Some of them run a single 4" or 5", and they have much larger engines than we do. Even some of the built powerstrokes at the track are still running 4" to their stacks, and they put down twice the power I could ever dream of getting out of mine.

As for the SCT, Shop around here, and on other sites like TDG or Ebay. I got my xCal2 for $200, and got tunes from DJ's. I usually only run the looney street, except when I tow. So essentially, you would only really need 2-3 tunes for it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
DJ @ DJ's Diesel or Eric @ Innovative Diesel (both site sponsors).
Both great choices. You can't go wrong with them.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've got a Accufab power elbow, The only thing i noticed was it will spool up a lil' faster from a dead stop.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
well if you are after sheer performance duals are not going to get you anything i have duals and the sound is even kinda the same lol except you can hear it on the driver side a little better now lol but 4"will be plenty for you

·
Registered
21 Posts
Most people who know will tell you that you really shouldn't even use a 5" unless you are over 550-600rwhp. Anything under that is kind of overkill. A 4" is good for pretty much whatever you want to do.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just would like to know if I should go stainless steel or aluminum? cat back or turbo back? Thank you Jim

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I would go turbo back. I also wouldn't spend the money on stainless unless they salt the roads around you in the winter.

·
Registered
361 Posts
DUals probably arent going to gain you much power wise, but definately earns cool points under the sound category. As far as the SCT, just spend the money for new, IMO, you'll get the support through the life of the tuner. I personally just ordered an X3 from Eric at Innovative. Their customer service was great when i ordered my exhaust, in turn, they earned my business again :thumb: Ive also heard great things about Djs tunes as well

1 - 12 of 12 Posts