Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Questions about the Avic Z2

I bought one and had it installed today since the rain cancelled my other install plans, Ill admit i didn't do it cause I REALLY hate electrical work. But I got a few questions about it.

Its installed and has a little black 2"x2" box on my dash im guessing thats for the Navigation??? I also see the mic but what im really intrested in is the XM/Sirous Radio, is everything in the Z2 that i need to run it besides a subscription? A lot of the buttons are locked so I can't use them besides FM/AM and i can't figure out how to punch in navigation as a lot of those buttons are locked out also. Help? lol

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
No, you need the actual satellite tuner which goes under the dash as well, see the following for all the accessories. Also, allot of the navigation buttons are disabled unless you engage the parking break. If you learn the actual voice commands though, you can do just about all the locked functions while driving from what I've found.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grr alright guess ill head out to the store tomorrow and try and get the xm radio/ipod hooked up.

·
Registered
279 Posts
yeah everything with that unit is "ala carte" you have to buy everything seperate...

you can bypass those safety features so u can use the damn thing at ur lesiure

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So now that the main head unit is installed and GPS is working, etc. All I gotta do is add the XM tuner box thingy so all they gotta do is plug in a few cables, they don't have to splice/cut/discet the system. So would it be ok to take it to Best Buy to finish the install?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Matt, correct, it's all plug and play once you have the main unit.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wow this is all good information to know. I am so glad I didnt buy one of these, after spending that much money I would be irate that I had to spend alot more to use the dang thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts