Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a 2017 in the near future and was curious about lightening the truck. Being in Kommifornia is there a way to keep the stock exhaust (visual inspection) but have DEF not functioning? And I would assume just use the EGR block off plates and a custom tune with a CAI? Thank you

·
Administrator
21,765 Posts
Yes and yes... my advice is to make friends with a fab/performance shop who can help you keep the secret. :look:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Does the DEF take away from MPG? I noticed when my DEF got low and I filled it up the mpg (readout from truck) got WAY better. It had fallen more than 5 mpg.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I am looking to buy a 2017 in the near future and was curious about lightening the truck.
Lightening the truck? As in the truck is already made out of aluminum and it's not light enough? Help me understand the weight number your trying to get to, and what the advantage would be versus leaving it be? Just curious, would a truck made with parts made from Titanium work better for you?

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
He's wanting to delete... lol. Yeah OP- buy somebody's dpf and hollow it out, keep your original one if you end up needing it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts