Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 05 f250 6.0 and new on this website just seeing if anyone could help me with my truck

i am wanting it to pour out smoke i got a banks six gun with pda it smokes but not as much as i want
i am lookin at gettin a sct with innovative diesel tunes but not sure what sct to get and what tunes?

help:dunno:

thanks everyone :thumb:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Why?
And yes SCT with custom tunes is the way to go. I have Innovatives Tow, Xtreme Street, and Xtreme Race and am impressed with all of them.
And you really want it to smoke get custom tunes and install a smoke switch or unplug the turbo. But its really not that cool to run around town blowing smoke everywhere.

·
Registered
104 Posts
get an x3, and dont fool around with smoke switches imo

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
my xcal3 with custom innovative tunes smokes quite a bit, but only when accelerating hard.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Yup, X3 with Eric's tunes. And please, be responsible when and how much you smoke up the streets! :thumb:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Don't mess with the smoke switch. I have one on mine that I installed shortly after getting the truck and it made the vanes stick that much quicker. I still have it in my truck, but never use it, just because I don't like having to clean the turbo.

-French

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
get an x3, and dont fool around with smoke switches imo
Have you seen your sig? :hehe:

Yup, X3 with Eric's tunes. And please, be responsible when and how much you smoke up the streets! :thumb:
Yes! This cannot be stressed enough. Out in the boondocks with noone around or just your buddies, thats ok, but not in traffic.

·
Registered
843 Posts
If you want it to smoke, get some 200+ cc injectors and do a smoke switch and a smoke tune. Then when you get tired of being a jackass you'll go with a tune based on its performance and not its smokiness....

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
i have to say my truck never really smoked all that much. every once in a while it seemed like it would roll pretty good but most of the time just a puff of smoke

with the new fuel system and some 155cc sticks in there just cruising down the road with the converter locked it hazes out the stack

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok thanks for all your help everyone

·
Another 6Slow
429 Posts
hey 03f250stroke i was wondering what the differences were when u put the 155's and fuel system in your truck im gettin the same done to mine hopefully gettin it back towards the end of the week

·
Registered
929 Posts
I dont see that big of a deal rolling smoke going down the road. Our spare truck at work an 1988 Mack R model with a 300 in it blows more smoke then any chiped up pickup can. People sometimes look at you funny but thats about it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts