Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k, i was convinced to just go with something that has been proven, i have heard a lot of good things about the SCT programmings. I'm going to purchase this flash kit right now still running the DPF. Will that get me anymore MPG? if so, what tune should i run it on that won't fry the DPF. When i do go and delete the DPF, is this tuner able to be programmed with the DPF and EGR plate deletes?

:icon_ford::bump:

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
The Best Program for that vehicle is the Livewire Extreme. For that vehicle it is very hard to get better fuel economy with the DPF still on the vehicle. Cause what is killing the fuel economy is when that vehicle goes into regan and it is dumping some much fuel into the pipe. I would Highly recommend doing the DPF delete for that vehicle.

·
Registered
577 Posts
you will ruin the dpf if running any tune from any body over time, just do the 9625or version and be rewarded with better mpg and lots more power and when the bug bites later get some custom tunes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so what does it cost to get the OR tunes for my basic programmer?:confused:
kinda worried now haha

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
A little over $600

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
great....lol thanks though. I will see if i can send back my tuner and get the OR version. thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
I think you need the off-road software to get the delete tuning to be able to do the delete.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts