Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We’ve all had that one vehicle that was constantly broken down, ran terribly, and was generally unpleasant in almost every way. Perhaps it was the hand-me-down you drove in high school or the lemon you bought from that sketchy used car lot.

Whatever your worst vehicle was—we want to hear about it (and see photos if possible)!

·
Premium Member
11,481 Posts
1999 Pontiac grand am..... Got it for free from a family member since I just needed a little gas saver on occasion. Worst free car I ever got lol...

water pump
intake/exhaust manifolds
brake calipers
leaking front window from failed factory window seal/adhesive water would drip onto drive front seat.
coolant reservoir/radiator
oil leaks from main, valve cover, sensors
clogging heater core from the gm coolant additives
replacing near every coolant related item due to the goop from the gm coolant additive
Dash falling apart
Interior trim pieces cracking//coming loose
burning oil like an old tractor
engine ticking if not warmed up after 80k miles

This was all before 100k miles and the exhaust and intake manifold gaskets had to be replaced twice due the same failure within couple of years. But it was cheap to fix and drive.

·
Registered
2 Posts

We’ve all had that one vehicle that was constantly broken down, ran terribly, and was generally unpleasant in almost every way. Perhaps it was the hand-me-down you drove in high school or the lemon you bought from that sketchy used car lot.

Whatever your worst vehicle was—we want to hear about it (and see photos if possible)!
Hi,

It was NANO

·
Administrator
33,892 Posts
this ?
Tata Nano
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
For the Chinese city car called the Wuling Nano EV, see Wuling Motors.
Dimensions
Powertrain
Body and chassis
Overview
Tata Nano
Tata Nano Yellow.jpg
ManufacturerTata Motors
Also calledTata GenX Nano (facelift 2015-2018)
Production2008–2018
AssemblyIndia: Gujarat, Sanand (Sanand Plant)[1]
Designer
  • Justin Norek
    (I.DE.A Institute)
  • Pierre Castinel
    (Tata Design Studio)
  • Girish Wagh
    (Project Manager)[2]
ClassCity car
Body style4-door hatchback
5-door hatchback (GenX Nano)
LayoutRear-engine, rear-wheel-drive
PlatformTata X3[3]
Engine624 cc I2 SOHC MPI petrol
Transmission4-speed manual
5-speed AMT
Wheelbase2,230 mm (87.8 in)[4]
Length3,099 mm (122.0 in)[4]
3,164 mm (124.6 in) (GenX Nano)
Width1,390 mm (54.7 in)[4]
Height1,652 mm (65.0 in)[4]
Curb weight600–635 kg (1,323–1,400 lb)[4]
The Tata Nano is a compact city car that was manufactured and marketed by Indian automaker Tata Motors over a single generation, primarily in India, as an inexpensive rear-engined hatchback intended to appeal to current riders of motorcycles and scooters — with a launch price of ₹1,00,000 or US$2,500 on 10 January 2008.[5]
Tata Motors projected production figures of 250,000 annually at launch. This was not achieved, and various factors led to decline in sales volume, including delays during the factory relocation from Singur to Sanand, early instances of the Nano catching fire or the perception of the car being unsafe and lacking quality due to cost cutting. Actual sales reached 7,591 for model year 2016-2017. The project lost money, as confirmed by former Tata Sons chairman Cyrus Mistry and by 2017 Tata Motors management.[6][7]
In 2017, Tata Motors said manufacturing would continue due to the company's emotional commitment to the project.[8][9] Production was eventually halted in May 2018.[10]

·
Hate stupid people
8,911 Posts
85 Chevy K30 Scottsdale 6.2/NV4500. Bought new in 85, had new motor in it in 86. Bet we re-built the trans 4-5 times because of heavy farm use.
Then in 99 got our first powerstroke. have 3 7.3s on the farm today still working.

K30 still in the back of the shed. i have an itch to put our DT366 in it.

·
Registered
2000 F-350 4x4 w/ ZF6 trans
213 Posts
1985 VW Jetta GLI. I have never encountered so many electrical nightmares. Headlights would randomly stop working left turn signal would go on whenever it felt like. Constant issues all electrical.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Unfortunately I would have to say my 05 6.0 was my worst vehicle. I learned alot from this forum and have enjoyed hanging around so it was all bad. I also loved driving it but it was just typical 6.0 stuff. Otherwise I would have to be in the group with Zmann, I haven't really had a terrible vehicle....yet

Reactions: CarParts.com

·
Registered
125 Posts
A 2005 Volvo S60R. Young and dumb and didnt know how to judge a car...just knew it was fast.

That damn car had more issues. Ended up replacing 80% of the frontend of the vehicle, most of the fuel system, and half the emissions sensors. Still never got the CEL to turn off. Volvo dealer couldnt get it to turn off either. Finally dumped it after Id spent half of what I paid for it in repairs.

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
98 Chevy Malibu LS. Biggest POS ever. But....it had a spoiler AND tape/CD player! Blew 2 head gaskets. The dealer then let it slip that the original owner had it in for a.....yep, head gasket. They refused to buy it back from me, being a punk kid. So I went to the farm market and bought a couple bushels of lemons. Actually, all the lemons they had. Went back to the dealer on a Saturday and started handing them out to customers. Told them that's what I got from the dealer. Cops came. I moved to the street and made a sign "buy your lemons here". The dealer caved and gave me every penny back.

·
Registered
2000 F-350 4x4 w/ ZF6 trans
213 Posts
98 Chevy Malibu LS. Biggest POS ever. But....it had a spoiler AND tape/CD player! Blew 2 head gaskets. The dealer then let it slip that the original owner had it in for a.....yep, head gasket. They refused to buy it back from me, being a punk kid. So I went to the farm market and bought a couple bushels of lemons. Actually, all the lemons they had. Went back to the dealer on a Saturday and started handing them out to customers. Told them that's what I got from the dealer. Cops came. I moved to the street and made a sign "buy your lemons here". The dealer caved and gave me every penny back.
This is one of the best things I have read in a while

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
My dad taught me to take my licks like a man- get back up and give em Hell.

Reactions: Vice_II

·
Vendor
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Looking back, do you think it was multiple head gaskets or multiple intake gaskets? I remember when GM came up with the updated intake gasket design to address coolant-oil intermix issues on the 3.1L.

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Looking back, do you think it was multiple head gaskets or multiple intake gaskets? I remember when GM came up with the updated intake gasket design to address coolant-oil intermix issues on the 3.1L.
While I can't say with absolute certainty, I believe it was head gaskets. I do know that they replaced the head and gasket for me. The PO paperwork I saw (so far as I remember) said head gasket. Even at 19 I knew what the difference was from working on boats.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
I have a similar story to @The Evil Twin
I had a 1994 Silverado bought it off a used Chevy dealers lot in Carrollton Tx. in 1995
And I Bought the extended PTW Thank God
In less than 1 week trans took a dump I tried to have them buy it back right away Manager said no can do young man. I was 24 at the time..They fixed it minus my deductible
2 month later I took a trip to FL once there rear end took a S-H-I-T spent a extra week there while it was repaired at the local Chevy dealer. Again Thank God For The PTW. Was in touch with managers entire time.
After I got back to Texas the truck was fine for another 2 months or so then the rear end went yet again this is were I played a similar game...Tow truck driver showed up I ask him if he had a bottle of shoe polish and could I borrow it. I climbed in the truck bed and wrote ..I Bought This Lemon At Van Chevrolet on the back window, when we pulled into the dealership slowly all the salesman started walking up to the showroom windows in disbelief, I sure wish I had a Smart phone back then 😂😂😂
The manager came out and said will pull it inside and pull the diff cover real quick and see if we can tell what's wrong . He tracked me down walking around and told me the rear end is toast again, and then said we will be offering you a buy back of every dollar spent with proof of receipt excluding fuel ..
I said Thanks I have been trying to get you to do this for the last 5 months.
By far the worst vehicle I have ever had....

·
Vendor
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1985 VW Jetta GLI. I have never encountered so many electrical nightmares. Headlights would randomly stop working left turn signal would go on whenever it felt like. Constant issues all electrical.
Sounds like it's a good thing they don't make 'em like that anymore :LOL:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.