Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 6.0 with 40 500 km. on it, i bought it at 30 000 km and to the best of my knowledge the coolant has never been changed, my question is, if you guys take the cap off your Degas bottle and put your finger inside and rub it up against the sides does it leave a mark, it almost seems as though there is a layer of something and if i touch it with my finger it leaves a mark showing where i touched it, wondering if i should be flushing my coolant or if its an additive or..... any info would be appreciated....
thanks guys,
Trevor

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I have a 2005 6.0 with 40 500 km. on it, i bought it at 30 000 km and to the best of my knowledge the coolant has never been changed, my question is, if you guys take the cap off your Degas bottle and put your finger inside and rub it up against the sides does it leave a mark, it almost seems as though there is a layer of something and if i touch it with my finger it leaves a mark showing where i touched it, wondering if i should be flushing my coolant or if its an additive or..... any info would be appreciated....
thanks guys,
Trevor
nothing to worry about. normal.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anybody else? just looking for acouple more ya's to set my mind @ ease.

·
Registered
636 Posts
anybody else? just looking for acouple more ya's to set my mind @ ease.

Totally normal!

Mine's the same way! I even changed my coolant and it's the same way. It's kinda foamy and the sides inside the bottle have like a thin layer of residue. :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts