Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of upgrading my sound system and have run into a stumbling block. I was running new speaker wire for the front speakers and discovered that they have switched to a molex type plug for the front doors, which leaves no room for new wires. So I am curious what others have done. I will be running 300 watts to the mids that will be installed in the doors and I am concerned that the factory wiring will not be adequate.

My system will consist of the folllowing:
Factory Nav
JBL MS-8 for factory integration and processing
JL Audio 600/4 bridged running to mids in the front doors
JL Audio 900/5 for front tweeters, rear fill and sub
Hertz MLK165 components for front stage
Hertz 5x7 coax for rear fill
SPL2K box with a SI BM MKIII

Any help and or input is appreciated.

Shawn

·
Registered
208 Posts
on my 2008 i had to come out of the rubber boot(yes i cut a hole in it) and then into the blank plug that was above the connector on the body side. This wasnt the best solution, but i dressed the wire in loom and it worked for 2 years without any issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am in the middle of upgrading my sound system and have run into a stumbling block. I was running new speaker wire for the front speakers and discovered that they have switched to a molex type plug for the front doors, which leaves no room for new wires. So I am curious what others have done. I will be running 300 watts to the mids that will be installed in the doors and I am concerned that the factory wiring will not be adequate.

Factory Nav

Shawn
Factory wiring is definitely not sufficient.

I drilled a hole in the door jam and used a piece hydrualic hose. Attached is a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts

Factory Nav

Shawn
serious system!
where did you get the SI BM MKIII?