Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, more than anything in the world, want to find work in the commercial fishing industry. Is there any fisheries in the area looking for work, or do you know any fisherman, friends of friends, etc. that can give me some info?

I have a good steady job down here and make between 45 and 50,000 a year, which is good money for someone my age, but I hate the job and would rather make a little less to do something I love. My uncle was a fisherman in the bering sea on a 76' cod boat, went out with him one time on the boat, and fell completely in love with the environment and will not stop until I get to do it for a living.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fishing AK

I personally do not know anybody in the fishing industry right now but, have worked other jobs in the past with fishermen. The season is pretty much over right now but, one place I can give you a good start for networking with the right people is Alaska Outdoors Directory :: The Alaska Outdoors Supersite this is another forum like this but, all Alaska type stuff and there is a place to post jobs wanted and it gets a lot of attention from the people you are looking for. Good luck but may I warn you once you move here you will not want to leave.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I personally do not know anybody in the fishing industry right now but, have worked other jobs in the past with fishermen. The season is pretty much over right now but, one place I can give you a good start for networking with the right people is Alaska Outdoors Directory :: The Alaska Outdoors Supersite this is another forum like this but, all Alaska type stuff and there is a place to post jobs wanted and it gets a lot of attention from the people you are looking for. Good luck but may I warn you once you move here you will not want to leave.
Registered, thanks alot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.