Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long do ya'all go between oil changes?

I finally put my ROTM prize to use. I got a free oil change in Jan thanks to Ford when they did my headstuds, so I was due and changed my engine oil today.

Was just curious what the average was for changing the engine oil when using Amsoil? On Rotella T, I was changing from 3000-6000.

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
Did you get the EAO filter too Eric. What I would do is go you regular interval and send a sample to blackstone for analysis they should be able to tell you whats good for your rig. I go about 8 to 10k with my 7.3 and the amsoil 15w40 I could go longer but choose not too

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave, I used the filter that came with it from the prize. I think that's the filter. I dont mind changing it regularly (5000ish) but if I know I could get 7500-8500 outta it, I'd be happy.:D

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Curious also. I switched about 4k ago along with the amsoil filter.

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
well i was told to change the first time at normal 5000 miles because the oil cleans better than dino and will get really dirty but i dont know i quit using it

Matt

·
Registered
121 Posts
I run the amsoil filter with thier 15w40. I plugged my egr so I should not have the soot contamination that other engines do. I plan on having oil analysis done at 5 and 10k then change at 15,000. as long as the oil analysis comes back good I am going to keep running it. Right now I have friend running to Bull wagons both petes with c-15 cat engines he runs the amsoil and thier filters or Cat filters and oil analysis in the Cat lab showed that after 30,000 miles the Amsoil tested better than unused (NEW) conventional oil. The amsoil filter is guaranteed for 25,000 miles. IMO the key to extended drain intervals with sythetics is oil analysis every 5k or so. OTherwise you could have an injector cup leaking fuel or antifreeze or air filter malf and have contamination which is murder on any engine no matter what oil you run. Just my .02 worth.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Good to know, thanks.

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info fellas. :thumb: I ordered a test kit from Blackstone to have it ready at the 5K mark.:nod:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts