Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay iam some what new to the diesel performance world. i have a 96 f-250 crewcab shotbed. it has a 7.3 tturbo diesel. so far i put on a intake, deleted the cat and muffler. and have a straight pipe back to the axel. i installed a boost gauge tonight and in hits 20 psi. i had a 99 sd before with the same stuff done and it only hit 14-15 psi. the turbo is extremmy loud. my question is could this truck have a aftermarket turbo already??? it says garrett on the side of it ill get some pics up 2morro. iam not sure what a stock turbo looks like???? any help would be great thanks mike...

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Don't quote me on this but I think the older turbo's are louder. Maybe some OBS guys will chime in. It could be an aftermarket turbo, you would have to measure it some how and compare it to stock. Dunno

·
Registered
578 Posts
:ORG welcome:

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
you may have a downpipe already man, they say it really lets the obs scream compared to that squished snake lookin stock downpipe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i deff. have that smashed dp. that thing is stupid looking, it just seems really loud compared to all my buddys obs's. it surprised me... not that i dont like it lol. anyone have a pic of there stock turbo...?

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
no i deff. have that smashed dp. that thing is stupid looking, it just seems really loud compared to all my buddys obs's. it surprised me... not that i dont like it lol. anyone have a pic of there stock turbo...?
you have the stock dp? you think its loud now, just wait until you get an aftermarket dp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice... guess that my next step... iam picking up a set of 35s on baja rims 2morrow. ill have to get some pics up...:nod:

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
My OBS when you got on it full throttle up a steep hill I would see 22psi stock turbo with an intake and exhaust. The OBS have a wheel similar to the wicked wheel and they def whistle a bit, but nothing like my truck now with the foil delete too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whats a foil delete???

·
Registered
423 Posts
u dont have intercooler tubes
unless somebody put one on

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no dont have a intercooler. is garrett the factory turbo for the obs???

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
:ORG welcome:more than likely it's a factory turbo. My last truck was a 97 and I would hit between 20-22psi without a chip or programmer. Get that bad boy chip and see how you like it. I bet you love it!:ORG welcome:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ya, that looks similer to mine. i belive its a stock turbo now. thats looks just like it. thanks for that pic. iam looking into the 6 position chip from ts any 1 have pros or cons on them?...?

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
i hit 20-22 psi with intake, downpipe, and 5 in stacks with a banks big hoss. should i be making more boost with that module?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts