Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2000 F250 4x4 Std cab longbed, and figured I would start the mods with gauges to make sure I don't burn anything up. I went with Autometer C2 pyro, tranny temp, and boost gauges. The boost sensor is easy to T into the MAP sensor line; the pyro sensor was a little scary for me, but I just drilled right into the driver's side header and used the clamp method rather than tapping the hole. Now for the tranny sensor, and my question is: Is there an existing fitting that I can screw it into, or do I need to drill a hole and weld in the bung included, or is there another option?

Thanks!

2000 F250 4x4
65 Unimog 404S propane powered, with 41's

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
I have no clue on that one - although I will need to know shortly!

Sooo.... Free Bump and Welcome to the .ORG!!!

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts
there is a high pressure test port that has a plug in it, just remove the plug and install the probe. look where the purple wires are on mine and that is where it goes.no welding needed.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
haha, your shaft is rusty...

he he, j/k good question though, i will need to know hopefully someday!

·
The Fat Mod
12,508 Posts
You have a freakin Unimog...YOU SUCK...:lol: Those are Bad ***. They are so much fun. A beast too if you are working them. Yeah, test port and it is real easy. Good luck and congrats on the new truck.

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts
You have a freakin Unimog...YOU SUCK...:lol: Those are Bad ***. They are so much fun. A beast too if you are working them. Yeah, test port and it is real easy. Good luck and congrats on the new truck.

ok what is unimog????

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts
haha, your shaft is rusty...

he he, j/k good question though, i will need to know hopefully someday!

yeah yeah, i know, look at all the rust! that is compliments of The Utah DOT. all the salt brine solution and salt / sand they put on the roads in the winter really wreaks havoc on the bare metal parts. by the way, UTAH sucks just because of that.:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, I love it. The first tool I used on it was a Sawzall to lose the radio box (and about 2000 lbs). Here's a pic from Upper Tellico:

Picasa Web Albums - Frank Tate - Tellico_Mar2007

And thanks to all who posted pics and solutions.

-- Frank

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK. This is my first post, also. The Unimog is a German "transformer". Any job you can think of, the unimog has been configured for it! From many militaries of the world, to farming. If I had a farm or an outdoor job, this would be the vehicle! They go anywhere and do anything! They aren't the fastest and aren't too great for towing like our powerstrokes, but they are an amazing vehicle and you'll see them throughout the world.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts