Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im thinkin of selling my truck and getting a 96 or 97 psd. I know i would have to put an intacooler on it but how would the engine hold up compared to my 02. Can i get power easer and cheaper or the same?

·
Registered
405 Posts
why would u do that? and no most likely not unless u want to to some work.... first off injectors.... turbo.... and so on

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
the injectors are a huge limitation on the obs, as is the tranny. if you buy a stick you are only a clutch and flywheel away. with a good set of injectors and oil, you can make good power. however, the obs psd engine is a step back in most everyway, except they have forged rods. they dont break like the latter 7.3's do

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
DO IT! Throw a set of Stage II's in it with a fuel system and an IC with a Dominator and you will be pretty happy. Plus you will have forged rods........

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
And personaly, I think they look better... Just my opinion....

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
IDK what they are now, I am waiting to get my injectors back so I can drive the stupid thing, BIG STICKS NEED MORE FUEL THEN A STOCK OBS SYSTEM CAN HANDLE!!!

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
I will be selling my kit this summer, I am going to install a 6.0 Sperco when I do my compounds. I will make you a sweet deal, but it wont be for a few months.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
The OBS trucks are better looking, but you have to do make more of your own stuff ex. intercooler parts unless you have a hefty chunk of change to put in her

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Blck if you dont go with his IC kit and stick w/ your current truck Id be interested in it

·
Banned
1,684 Posts

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Probably around $500 . It is a direct bolt on for the OBS trucks.

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
I dont have all tah much in it, but I got ALOT of really good deals on everything.
Dominator = $ 1300 retail
Stage III's = $3400 retail
Used 17* pump = $200
IC kit = $1050 retail

Remember I have not paid retail for pretty much any of it. Still gotta think about the norm like guages, intake, exhaust, chip, etc.......

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
If i would put 5k into a obs with a manual what hp do you think i would be runin
If you spent it wisely, around 385 WHEEL hp, that is pretty respectable in my book.....

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.