Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum here. I just got my 2006 f250 6.0 and I got the Custom tunes from Eric at Innovative Diesel. I have to say they are amazing the difference you see with the street and xtreme street tunes. I was wondering tho, if I'm gonna run the street or xtreme street tunes, do I need to upgrade anything else to make my truck last such as head studs and intercooler? thanks for the info in advance

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Head studs and an EGR delete or you will see issues down the road. I would baby it until you can get at least studs.

In stock form the trucks could blow head gaskets.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have been runnin eric's extreme street for a while now and i dont have studs or and egr delete and so far so good. you should look into getting yourself a coolant filter though.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
There are lots of folks who have run Xtreme Street level tunes for many many miles without issues on otherwise stock trucks, and there are those that have blown head gaskets, egr coolers, etc. with stock truck. Being anal about maintenance will go a long way towards keeping your truck sound. When something does breaks, fix it right and be done with it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
As has been said, if you have the cash do Studs and an EGR delete, if not just try not to beat on it TOO hard and you should have minimal problems.

Of course it's different for every single truck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts