Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finished fixing a friend 2001 f250 powerstroke 7.3ltr
New valve cover gaskets due to codes for no voltage communication both banks, could not run an injector buzz test kept failing
-- rebuilt valve under turbocharger in turbo pedstal due to bad seal creating a masive oil leak when driving -- seal was hard and cracked--

now have fuel getting white smoke out of pipes when trying to start no fire though

thw only code now is for a IAT circut (high voltage) and is reading -40 below 0
Will this cause no start cold -- due to over fueling or under fueling the injector pulse width ---
he has had a long than normal crank times to where it almost kils his batery the last couple months before it got cold
the reason for valve cover gaskets was 1 the were leaking nd 2 the plugs would not stay locked in place -- also replaced wiring inside the heads for the injectors and glow plugs along with new glow pugs -- the were shot and the wiring had cracks in them
But the question is will a NEG 40 reading on the IAT not start the truck for some stupid reason because it think it is that frozen outside

temp out now is 28 degrees and the truck is plugged in the block heater in a garage
Any Ideas -- this is the first I have ran into this one, usually the no start problems I have run into either injectors, modules, wiring or glow plugs, If it is an IAT then I wil add that to my list also

SORRY FOR THE BOOK WRITING :sorrysign::help:

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Did you try unplugging the IAT and seeing if the PCM has a default temperature?

·
Registered
609 Posts
the resistor is probly shot in the IATS you could cut the current one off and splice a new one on or find a resistor that has the propper ohms for say 30 degrees or 40 degrees and wire that in to try and fix it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.