Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post in this forum. I should say I've been a Dodge Guy all my life, but I drove by the Ford Dealership Saturday night and ran across a F250SD Black Ops. Wow, I fell in love. Test drove it yesterday. Loved it even more. Loved the interior, loved the ride.

The price is steep, and I am trying to figure out if I am completely insane to want to buy this truck? I am sure I could build this from a stock F-250SD for less money. I certainly don't see a lot of these Black Ops on the road, and I assume the price tag is the reason.

Anyway, I want to say hello, and get some feedback on the F-250SD Black Ops.

Thanks!!

TD

·
Registered
726 Posts
Have a link to this particular truck?

·
Registered
547 Posts
its probably just a dealership package that is way overpriced.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
This is my first post in this forum. I should say I've been a Dodge Guy all my life, but I drove by the Ford Dealership Saturday night and ran across a F250SD Black Ops. Wow, I fell in love. Test drove it yesterday. Loved it even more. Loved the interior, loved the ride.

The price is steep, and I am trying to figure out if I am completely insane to want to buy this truck? I am sure I could build this from a stock F-250SD for less money. I certainly don't see a lot of these Black Ops on the road, and I assume the price tag is the reason.

Anyway, I want to say hello, and get some feedback on the F-250SD Black Ops.

Thanks!!

TD
Build it yourself for thousands less and it will be the only on like it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You could definitely build it cheaper.
It is not a dealership package, but a truck built by Tuscany. Google them and you will find all of the vehicles they do Black Ops for.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
way over priced and crappy looking wheels imo

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
way over priced and crappy looking wheels imo
The Wheels on the one I am looking at are 100% better. I agree, the wheels on the link page are poor.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So if I go the "build it myself" route, I am looking at:

$65k for the Truck
$2k Tires & Wheels
$3k Lift
$1k Black out everything
$800 Brush Bar & Lights
$800 Bed Cap

$72,600.00

First off, nobody pays sticker price, and having a 3 year warranty on the Tuscany Black Ops stuff is certainly worth something, isn't it? Anything I add myself is going to be on me warranty wise. While we all agree the truck is over priced, we can also agree that working a deal is the key part of buying any vehicle. If you can't work a deal, then it's not worth having. The warranty has a value to me, as does the piece of mind.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
I have the 2005 FTX from tuscany trucks and I LOVE IT!!! It is a serious attention getter and mostly a one off look, there aren't a lot of them out there. I will say this though the guy who owned it before me bought it brand new and did a voluntary repo on it as he paid through the nose. So if your going to buy one brand new then be prepared to eat a hefty truck payment and insurance bill every month as you will want better than normal coverage as these body parts are usually only available through tuscany and not aftermarket sources for cheaper if something was to happen.

Good luck with the buy if you do decide to buy it but make sure you talk them down lol.

·
Registered
547 Posts
You could definitely build it cheaper.
It is not a dealership package, but a truck built by Tuscany. Google them and you will find all of the vehicles they do Black Ops for.
like I said, Tuscany builds overpriced dealership packages.

$65k for the Truck
$2k Tires & Wheels
$3k Lift
$1k Black out everything
$800 Brush Bar & Lights
$800 Bed Cap

$72,600.00

First off, nobody pays sticker price, and having a 3 year warranty on the Tuscany Black Ops stuff is certainly worth something, isn't it? Anything I add myself is going to be on me warranty wise. While we all agree the truck is over priced, we can also agree that working a deal is the key part of buying any vehicle. If you can't work a deal, then it's not worth having. The warranty has a value to me, as does the piece of mind.
or you could just get all of that done at reputable shops and buy a lift with a warranty... most do, and save about 10k.

I have the 2005 FTX from tuscany trucks and I LOVE IT!!! It is a serious attention getter and mostly a one off look, there aren't a lot of them out there. I will say this though the guy who owned it before me bought it brand new and did a voluntary repo on it as he paid through the nose. So if your going to buy one brand new then be prepared to eat a hefty truck payment and insurance bill every month as you will want better than normal coverage as these body parts are usually only available through tuscany and not aftermarket sources for cheaper if something was to happen.

Good luck with the buy if you do decide to buy it but make sure you talk them down lol.
all the parts I see on the truck in the link can be easily purchased by anyone.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts

$65k for the Truck
$2k Tires & Wheels
$3k Lift
$1k Black out everything
$800 Brush Bar & Lights
$800 Bed Cap

$72,600.00

theyre not going to give as much off as youd think. theyre not going to give you the extras at cost and they will used the warranty being ok with the mods for sure to justify the cost. so you could by a stock truck at say 54K and then do the 8K in mods or buy their truck with the mods and pay the markup of a few thousand.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
like I said, Tuscany builds overpriced dealership packages.

or you could just get all of that done at reputable shops and buy a lift with a warranty... most do, and save about 10k.

all the parts I see on the truck in the link can be easily purchased by anyone.

Do your research and call Tuscany trucks yourself. If your aren't an owner of one you can't buy the body panels for them. They will tell you that themselves. If you think I'm wrong find the bumper for my truck from an aftermarket source. You can't it has to be ordered through Tuscany Trucks. And the only way you can do that is to have the VIN from a truck that they built.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts

Exactly......if its piece of mind and warranty you want, then pick out the exact truck you want, then head over to 4Wheel Parts and again pick out exactly what you want and save tons of $$$$......dealership offroad/peformance packages are just a joke, especially the price

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Exactly......if its piece of mind and warranty you want, then pick out the exact truck you want, then head over to 4Wheel Parts and again pick out exactly what you want and save tons of $$$$......dealership offroad/peformance packages are just a joke, especially the price
I agree on the price mark up of a dealer that and you pay financing charges on it as it becomes part of your truck payment with interest, however I wouldn't be going to 4wheelparts.com they are outrageous on prices.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Do your research and call Tuscany trucks yourself. If your aren't an owner of one you can't buy the body panels for them. They will tell you that themselves. If you think I'm wrong find the bumper for my truck from an aftermarket source. You can't it has to be ordered through Tuscany Trucks. And the only way you can do that is to have the VIN from a truck that they built.
congrats on your truck and all but look at the one in the link. what custom body panels are you talking about? all I see is a flat black stock bumper, flares just like bushwacker extend a fenders, and a cheap looking hood that could be found elsewhere.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Do your research and call Tuscany trucks yourself. If your aren't an owner of one you can't buy the body panels for them. They will tell you that themselves. If you think I'm wrong find the bumper for my truck from an aftermarket source. You can't it has to be ordered through Tuscany Trucks. And the only way you can do that is to have the VIN from a truck that they built.[/QUOTE]

Go to bodykits.com. You can get your bumper cover for $500.99.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Do your research and call Tuscany trucks yourself. If your aren't an owner of one you can't buy the body panels for them. They will tell you that themselves. If you think I'm wrong find the bumper for my truck from an aftermarket source. You can't it has to be ordered through Tuscany Trucks. And the only way you can do that is to have the VIN from a truck that they built.[/QUOTE]

Go to bodykits.com. You can get your bumper cover for $500.99.
thanks, I figured you could I just didn't want to bother looking. I've never liked body kits on trucks.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Can just about buy a house for that around here that's crazy but do what u want if u don't then u will not be happy with it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts