Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-Well below is the wiring diagram. A, B, C are inside the cab, the box on the bottom is a wide open throttle switch bolted on to the accelator. With "C" the 12v+ wire spliced into Up Fitter Switch #1.

-I have it all wired and working but I don't want to have to flip two switches (the three that connect to the manifold (red switch), and the upfitter switch)

-So Im wondering if i can slice the 12v+ "C" wire straight into the upfitter switch wire. Id like to find a way to completly remove that red switch from the system, so would I have to splice all of them together, or would it just be best to bypass the male fitting on the red switch and splice "C" directly into the upfitter switch, and not have a ground as well since I flip the upfitter switch down when not in use and its a key on power anyway and then just cut off the switch?

-Any other ideas?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yes. Just run "B" to one of your upfitter wires if you want it to control your nitrous solenoid. "C" just feeds 12V power to the red switch which your upfitter switches already have.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sweet was hopin you would reply. So that will completely eliminate the switch and all the other wires?

Well yea that does make sense, lol its already gonna be grounded and power to it since its an up fitte switch :doh:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sweet was hopin you would reply. So that will completely eliminate the switch and all the other wires?

Well yea that does make sense, lol its already gonna be grounded and power to it since its an up fitte switch :doh:
Yes. Eliminate "A", "C", and the red switch.

"A" is the ground for the illuminated switch, "C" is the power for the switch and the internal light, and "B" is the output to the throttle solenoid switch.

Run the upfitter switch of your choice to "B".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts