Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Motor Head.
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have done the egr delete,oil cooler rebuild,elc coolant,as far as the 04's go what else shold I be concerned with going wrong.Eventually it's getting head studs,but I am wondering about hpop,and sensors and things like that.Next year I plan on getting a fifth wheel rv, and sometimes going 1000-1500 miles,so I am trying to get the thingsdone that I can for now.I know you cant get everything at once but I am just want to get the big ticket items done over the winter.Truck on has 42000 on it.Any help or ideas are would be appreciated.Thanks...

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just had mine (04) done for the oil cooler, BPD egr, head studs. Also had the guy do all the latest TSB's oil line and drain, new injector gaskets, whatever else it would take to bring up to the 07 levels less touching the computer. I also had him do the fuel pressure spring and the 6.4 banjo bolts. I have a hypermax economy tune and I notice now that if I get on it hard it will blow black smoke more than it did before, so I guess the fuel pressure and the banjo bolts have gotten more fuel to flow?

other then that there's not much more,to do. Did you read the bullet proofing link at the top of the page? That would give ya some directions to consider.

·
Registered
599 Posts
my early 04 has 175,000 miles on it i did put head studs on it and SCT tune it sits in the barn waiting to "yank sh** down the road" as my buddy would say.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts