Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the a/c is on and I put in 4 low all air blows at defrost.
After dis-engagement blower returns to normal.
This doesn't happen any other time.
I disconnected my auto hubs and plugged the vacuum line a couple years ago but it has always acted this way and I would really like to figure it out.
For those that are curious, I use 4 low (without hub engagement) when parking my 5'er.

Does any one know if this is normal or should I keep looking for a vacuum leak, or be concerned about my hydro boost ?

·
Administrator
29,357 Posts
I would plug the line before it goes into the solenoid on the fender
I also like 2 low but I just use a switch that turns off the signal to the solenoid and that way I can have shift on the fly still

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I would plug the line before it goes into the solenoid on the fender
I also like 2 low but I just use a switch that turns off the signal to the solenoid and that way I can have shift on the fly still
Do you mean the solenoid on the passenger fender ?
That is where I disconnected the hubs and I thought the other line on that solenoid fed into the firewall for the actuator door.
So You are saying that other line comes FROM the hydro boost ?

·
Administrator
29,357 Posts
it sounds like you disconnected the hub vacuum after the solenoid but I would cap the vacuum line that feeds that solenoid ( yes fender well )
( unplugging electrical is fine but it still relies on the solenoid sealing properly. I would eliminate that need

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I'll try both ways and see what works and update afterwards.

·
Premium Member
3,515 Posts
Your year should have the electric vacuum pump on the fender
since you disconnected the line to the wheel hubs, you have to plug where you removed the line or the vacuum will be lost
just turn the key on but do not start the engine -- should hear the pump running
when the vacuum is built up the pump will shut off

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE : I unplugged the electrical connector to the solenoid and problem solved.

Thanks for the help

Reactions: DaveP's Ghost
1 - 8 of 8 Posts