Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
you should polish the center fogs they look a little yellowed.
other than that, looks sweet:nod:

I did to my double fogs several months ago too. I love it. No HID's yet for me though. Maybe soon.
It is illegal in VA for no front tag too, but oh well. Ive gotton pulled over and ticketed for running too many lights on the truck, but they never noticed I had no front tag. lol.
Your truck looks good bud :thumb:

Discussion starter · #23 ·
I did to my double fogs several months ago too. I love it. No HID's yet for me though. Maybe soon.
It is illegal in VA for no front tag too, but oh well. Ive gotton pulled over and ticketed for running too many lights on the truck, but they never noticed I had no front tag. lol.
Your truck looks good bud :thumb:
Thanks Chris:thumb:
Running too many lights? What were you runnin?

I just had the headlights on and all four foglights on at the same time. Little did I know the law in VA states it's illegal to have more than four lights shining off the front of the truck :doh: Live and learn....$92 fine.

Luckily when I installed mine I wired them so that I can turn the two extra ones off and just run the stockers if I want to. That's what I usually do now. They are still there but I don't burn them very often. :shrug:

I showed the cop I could turn them off with a switch, he wasn't impressed, still got the ticket.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
I just had the headlights on and all four foglights on at the same time. Little did I know the law in VA states it's illegal to have more than four lights shining off the front of the truck :doh: Live and learn....$92 fine.

Luckily when I installed mine I wired them so that I can turn the two extra ones off and just run the stockers if I want to. That's what I usually do now. They are still there but I don't burn them very often. :shrug:

I showed the cop I could turn them off with a switch, he wasn't impressed, still got the ticket.
Damn, that sucks. I can do the same. I have actually met a cop car at night and I was running all 4 fogs and my headlights:doh: He never turned around though:dunno: There are some cops out there that are pretty oblivious to traffic laws...but you don't wanna get the ones that know the book inside out

Discussion starter · #27 ·
hey man if you dont mind me askin where did you mount your ballast for your hids? Thanks
lol I saw your thread about that...I was going to reply but didnt know how to explain it so here it goes... Mine were mounted on the bottom part in the center of the bumper. They squeezed right in there nicely and I just tie-wrapped them in place. Never had problems with the setup:thumb:

Discussion starter · #29 ·
no prob hope that helps a little...I wasn't sure myself, but as long as it's somewhat sheltered from the elements it's fine. But you'll definitely be needing tie-wraps for that job lol

Damn, that sucks. I can do the same. I have actually met a cop car at night and I was running all 4 fogs and my headlights:doh: He never turned around though:dunno: There are some cops out there that are pretty oblivious to traffic laws...but you don't wanna get the ones that know the book inside out
In Oregon you can only run your headlights... that is it... :hehe:

Wow, I thought that we had it bad in Utah. We have to have a front tag mount in front of the front axle and visible from 35 feet, not other requirement there, but we can have 3 sets of auxiliary lights in addition to your headlights. The law saws nothing about how many are in a set, only that they are controlled by the same switch :)

Discussion starter · #33 ·
That blows!!

Wow, I thought that we had it bad in Utah. We have to have a front tag mount in front of the front axle and visible from 35 feet, not other requirement there, but we can have 3 sets of auxiliary lights in addition to your headlights. The law saws nothing about how many are in a set, only that they are controlled by the same switch :)
wow...that could make for a sh!tload of lights. We have the front tag law too...sorta dumb. I got pulled over 2 days ago for it lol.

okay i have not read through the whole thread..just the first page to see what it looked like...anyway, i have a thread started and was wondering how to do this. i was wondering if you had any step by step directions on how to mount them and wire them up. i would like to run 4500Ks in them cause that is what im runnin now in my fogs. and plus it looks cool during the day. haha thanks alot.
-Jon

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Hmm...I'll see what I can come up with but my old bumper is long gone, this is my new fog setup. Same thing but a little updated. However this time I couldn't screw the bottom of the bracket to the bumper, not enough room. They're tie-wrapped to a little hole in the bumper. No problems in just about a year...

the 2 center fogs dont work right now...Yeah i know, defies the purpose doesn't it. lol

looks good i guess what i am asking is do you have any directions on how you did like electrical wise...that would be great! thanks i love the truck as well i can only imagine how much more light it puts out

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.