Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q1: 2019 f250 platinum 6.7 tow hooks on the front. What amount of torque are these rated at. Same for rear tow chain eyelets.
Q2: any recommendations on an air horn to connect to upfitter switch and good place to mount compressor and horns.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,751 Posts
1) I don't know an exact number to give. I'd say the bolts are a shear bolt so you might be able to swap it out for something you know is higher rated.
2) I'd look to the bigger names to get a full kit. Most people mount everything under the bed area. You could try to fit the horns inside the fender well liners.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
I bought the WOLO Siberian express. Super impressive for the money. Sounds just like a train. Extra safety in being able to wake up the knuckleheads getting on the freeway before they become a danger to me at 39,000 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
What are you talking about for the tow hooks? The torque recommended for the bolts or like the shear rating for hook being pulled on? It sounds like your asking for the load rating. Those three bolts have a much higher shear rating then the rest of the truck so if you pull hard enough the trucks coming with you or at least the frame. You ain’t going to break it off getting pulled out of whatever. Is that what your asking? It sounds like a real dumb question but I must be reading it wrong. In general I think they about 5/8 thick, grade 5, from my knowledge of steel it’s prob around 100k lbs shear, times 3. The frame will stretch then snap in half first. Is that your question? Google is your friend

Reactions: HeavyAssault

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are you talking about for the tow hooks? The torque recommended for the bolts or like the shear rating for hook being pulled on? It sounds like your asking for the load rating. Those three bolts have a much higher shear rating then the rest of the truck so if you pull hard enough the trucks coming with you or at least the frame. You ain’t going to break it off getting pulled out of whatever. Is that what your asking? It sounds like a real dumb question but I must be reading it wrong. In general I think they about 5/8 thick, grade 5, from my knowledge of steel it’s prob around 100k lbs shear, times 3. The frame will stretch then snap in half first. Is that your question? Google is your friend
I’m sorry you think this a dumb question. Not everyone can be as smart as you. Maybe there are some things I know that you don’t. If you thought it was dumb, why did you even bother! Thanks for nothing. Move along!

·
Premium Member
2,783 Posts
Airhornsoftexas.com has always been my go to for best train horns, and they are always great on pricing. Question id have for you is if you have the power deployed running boards. If yes, room underneath is minimal. If no, then you got lots of room. I got a kit from Hornblasters that combines 2x 2.5 gallon air tanks and 2x air compressors and their signature Shocker series air horns built into a cage that is put in the area of the spare. And uses the spare winch. Cool idea, but not impressed with the sound, loud yes, but not like my Union Pacific or Nathan K3LA.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I put a set of HornBlasters SHOCKER horns on my 2018 model. I mounted the horns on some 3/4" thick plastic brackets I fabricated. They run under the cab - passenger side - outside of the frame. They don't stick down below the frame. I fabricated a custom "shelf" for the compressor and ss air tank. I have a long bed, so I mounted it behind the cab - outside of frame between the frame and bed panel - passenger side. I have rear well liners and I am right in front of them and it's pretty well protected.

They are freaking loud....fyi.

Here is the horn sound (I first had these mounted on a 2012 model and had a different mounting setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts